Currently reading:
PIR codes

Discuss PIR codes in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Is there any emergency lighting? If so, I'd be happy to leave the RCD uncoded.
You can make mention of the wooden-backed Wylex in a covering letter but in the (literally) hundreds that I've encountered, I've never seen a problem yet!

There is Emg lighting yes, will note the boards in the covering report letter , was just wonering as the rcd trip tests would sudgest it needs replacing( never explained that sorry), so just change the main rcd up front and this will be fine then, its just many people say this is bad practise, but i assume the emg lighting would cover the total lost of light issue.

Thanks Huntos
Well just tried it again and still no joy. Can view the first (cover) sheet) and the rest of the pages are blank. Even tried to print it and it came out the same. Then tried the home pc and still the same. Deeply puzzled now.

The first page shows one sheet of A4, scroll to the next page and from then onwards you get 2 pages shown side-by-side, which might have something to do with not being able to read it depending on what version of Acrobat reader you have? Also, the subsequent pages take a little while to load, they initially appear black.

so
Is there any emergency lighting? If so, I'd be happy to leave the RCD uncoded.
You can make mention of the wooden-backed Wylex in a covering letter but in the (literally) hundreds that I've encountered, I've never seen a problem yet!

sorry its a while after the post has been made , i have 3 house fires due to a fault within the board , also wood worm , lol yes i know and then if the board has plug in breakers or a mix of fuses and plug in breakers then there is a potential hazard with out the fuse cover as is often the case there is a small hole in the fuse carrier which exposes the main terminal , i have had a case where an elderly gentleman haning a pair of water proof trousers on a coat hanger stuck the end of the coat hanger into the hole and burnt his hand and gave him self a sever electric shock
so if you come across these boards with out the fuse cover then the coding should be a C1 if these terminals are exposedGefana mountaineering hut 019.jpg

Thats not a wooden consumer unit/back box. guess the woodworm are getting tougher. on a serious note, the chances of someone coming into contact with these exposed fuse carriers are miniscule, however still a risk so indeed i would also give it C1. Guess a lot of people would also say " been like that for 30 years and never had a problem.

I do code missing fuseshields as a C1, wooden, open backs I don't code unless mounted on combustiable material. However, being resourceful I have a stash of wylex fuse covers from 1w to 8w for this eventuality. Saves failing an installation.

Thats not a wooden consumer unit/back box. guess the woodworm are getting tougher. on a serious note, the chances of someone coming into contact with these exposed fuse carriers are miniscule, however still a risk so indeed i would also give it C1. Guess a lot of people would also say " been like that for 30 years and never had a problem.

lol sorry wrong pic this one is , ingrees protection should comply to IPxxB barbra baron 005.JPG

lol sorry wrong pic this one is , ingrees protection should comply to IPxxB View attachment 13069

That's the underside so yes, IPXXB (IP2X) and it's compliant with that as you wouldn't get a 12.5mm object into there.
I can't remember if the top of the carriers also show the same amount of exposed fuse wire, if so then I'd be looking for a minimum of IP4X which it would obviously fail if the cover isn't in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
can someone help me please,electrical instalation condition report how do you clasifie fan in the bathroom without window?but in the batroom with window?

sorry you are right.how do you clasify in the new condition report missing fan in the bathroom without window?but missing fan in the bathroom with window?

sorry you are right.how do you clasify in the new condition report missing fan in the bathroom without window?but missing fan in the bathroom with window?

You don't need to mention this, BS7671 makes no
mention of ventilation requirements and that's what your report is based on.

Reply to PIR codes in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock