Search the forum,

Discuss RCD Times on EIC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sorry should have made that clear, using the basic IEE certs that you can print off from a PDF. It only has one box to record and says refer to note 13 but it doesn't clarify any further. Thanks in advance

Note 13 says' The operation of RCDs shall be tested by simulating a fault current , independent of any test facility in the device. Record operating time in column 13. Effectiveness of the test button must be confirmed'

What do you think?

I would suggest that 1xI is the result that should be recorded as this is the fault current that will cause the RCD to operate.

record the 1x1 which should be the highest trip time obviously if you have a trip time over 40ms on either 1x1 5x1 you would have to check your rcd or meter

can anyone tell me where to find in brb, the 40msec. max.trip time for RCD?

page 82 16th edition on site guide 11.5 wher an rcd or rcbo with a rated residual operating current of 30ma is used to provide supplementary protection against direct contact with a test current of51 n the device should open in less than 40ms, unless the the protective conductor potential rises by less than 50v
regards

yeah, got that. 40msec at x5. but what about x1? i was always under the impression that the max. trip time at x1 was 200msec.

You should also be aware, if you don't already know, that the RCD must be tested x 1/2 rated trip current, x1, and x5, at 0 degrees and 180 degrees, then mechanical test button, so 7 tests in all. I am refering to the 30ma ones used in domestic, there are other RCD's available.

page 82 16th edition on site guide 11.5 wher an rcd or rcbo with a rated residual operating current of 30ma is used to provide supplementary protection against direct contact with a test current of51 n the device should open in less than 40ms, unless the the protective conductor potential rises by less than 50v
regards

We are on the 17th now

thanks andy. what i was referring to tho' was mad frankie's 40msec @ x1

Reply to RCD Times on EIC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back