Discuss Who can sign off minor works and EIC's? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening all,

I just wanted to see if electrical improvers/adult trainees with appropriate levels of experience and who hold testing qualifications can complete minor works certs or EIC's for basic installs. For me that shows competence and skill as is always mentioned and certs are checked off by a QS where I work.

I am asking this as people I have worked with, have routinely carried out small works without supervision such as extending a ring circuit, adding the odd socket or so and it has usually meant myself or another qualified electrician has had to come in to carry out the testing and certification. From my point of view it would lighten my workload in the future and also having someone put their name on a cert undoubtably makes make sure all work is of a certain standard!!

P.S those colleagues I ve worked with in the past were not yet qualified as they didnt hold either an NVQ or AM2

Interesting to hear everyones thoughts.

cheers

Reply to Who can sign off minor works and EIC's? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I would like to do some minor domestic electrical work while I am completing my NVQ level 2 in electrical installations. I have the 18th...
Replies
Views
Morning all. I was chatting with another spark the other day and he’s telling me I’m making excessive work for myself by issuing minor works...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi guys got a question to ask: In Scotland for reference. My mate recently bought a house and he is wanting me to do an EICR, new Consumer Unit...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock