Currently reading:
RCD tripping on circuits after new board change nitemare

Discuss RCD tripping on circuits after new board change nitemare in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

You use a bit of common sense and have a think of the age when taking board cover off, the surroundings also give a good indication

Of All the boards ive changed now its never bit me in the arse( and trust me its a hell of a lot of boards)

I think you should have done an EICR before swapping the CU. It is a good reference to accompany an electrical installation certificate. It goes a long way to show what you did and what you did NOT do. If something did go wrong with the job six months down the line you will need all the proof you can get, Remember in a court of law ‘HEAR SAY ‘ is not admissible as evidence ! ! ! !

That a a fur shout but isn't it still better to do some per testing work it's only a couple of hours work and can save you a load of hassle

Shouldn't need a couple of hours, you only need to do some quick confirmation tests on any rings and lighting, (borrowed neutral syndrome..lol!!) That should be sufficient for most homes. The problems come, if you DO find things wrong!! lol!!

Reply to RCD tripping on circuits after new board change nitemare in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock