Search the forum,

Discuss Removing an electrical cable on customers property... that doesn't belong to the customer! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Need to check the deeds, the gate may not be allowed but if its been there X amount years she's stuffed, digging up someones drive is not on as well as jacking up and moving her car, I would have thought that its criminal damage that the Police can deal with as then it changes form a civil matter to a criminal matter.

If the neighbours have no access rights over and under her drive she should inform the people who installed the cable to remove it and at the same time "invoice" the neighbours for the use of her land to hold their cable, issue an invoice monthly when they don't pay small claims court.

To run any supply on someone else's land needs a wayleave to be in operation, if this is not present then digging up and laying the cable is a criminal act, I had a similar incident with the SELB when they erected power pylons on my land without permission, unfortunately they have more power than I, in court I was only allowed to apply for compensation and rental, not to insist they where taken down, a wayleave was put in place and is written into my land registry documentation.

To run any supply on someone else's land needs a wayleave to be in operation, if this is not present then digging up and laying the cable is a criminal act, I had a similar incident with the SELB when they erected power pylons on my land without permission, unfortunately they have more power than I, in court I was only allowed to apply for compensation and rental, not to insist they where taken down, a wayleave was put in place and is written into my land registry documentation.

Reply to Removing an electrical cable on customers property... that doesn't belong to the customer! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock