Discuss size of main tails in flats in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi I think because of the termination of this type of cable in consumer units can be dangerous and with so many cowboys about would never reccommend this type of cable !

Hi I think because of the termination of this type of cable in consumer units can be dangerous and with so many cowboys about would never reccommend this type of cable !

Very true indeed, but 25mm SWA i think is just as bad as it is very difficult to work into a CU.

Still, each to his own i suppose.
:)

In 30 years I have never ever installed concentic cable, all I have ever done is take them out. That includes domestic, commercial and industrial. In all circumstances I would not use concentric cable. The definitation is blured somewhat, a concentric cable is by defination having a common centre. Which for intense and purpose is not allowed within usual scope of the regs. You cannot distinguish neutral earth within all given circuits, they are all as one.

From a supply it is allowed, but no sub circuits should be allowed, it is a very dangererous road to go down.

At all cost, no matter what bad information you get here should concentric wiring be used on the consumer side

lol, 25mm are shoe laces try terminating 350mm, into a poxy chinese isolator...half the price 10 times the trouble

Chinese say no splitter box needed, bull**** it is complete impossible without splitter, assuming 350mm

Last edited by a moderator:
You cannot distinguish neutral earth within all given circuits, they are all as one.

I think the difference between neutral and cpc is fairly obvious:

Split concentric cable to BS7870

But hey, fair enough.

I have and am still using the above with all the right protection and havent had any problems at all.

As for the 350mm, we are talking about a domestic consumer unit, not an industrial or commercial installation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

just read your reply, this would only work in a new build and only if the DNO would take reasonability for the riser which they no longer do. The guy said the meters are on the ground floor which the DNO rarely move, they limit there cable above ground to a minimum. You can not install a rising main and just tap off, as the whole block would be tapping off. You are talking about 6 flats to get consumer side power in domestic supply, concentric is fine, you could use double insulated if the containment is very good. Riser and twin earth not practical. Paul are the flats private or public sector?
Regards

Reply to size of main tails in flats in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock