Search the forum,

Discuss SMA USB Interface Cable in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SRE

We're having to change settings on an SMA 3800 so we need a USB Interface Cable - I've just looked it up on one of our "favourite" wholesalers sites - it seems to be called SMA Service cable - surely that price can't be right!!!!!!! I nearly fell off my seat ....

google usbpbs and quite a few come up.
I have often used CCL components for computer stuff as they are reliably cheap, but even they are quoting £103 net!

No we've had this twice with 2 different manufacturers. SMA and fronius. Fronius was ok because it was the TL and had a port for the data stick but it still took half a day going backwards and forwards but the SMA hasn't got this function so we're having to buy the cable - as if the inverters weren't expensive enough!

Yea definitely worth working into the equation for the next installs - mind you I'll have the cable so it won't be so painful if it happens again!

Reply to SMA USB Interface Cable in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back