Currently reading:
tools toolls tools

Discuss tools toolls tools in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
hi im writing my santa list and as you know im building up my tools for jobs.

any of you guys no any great bargins out there at moment, i am after a wall chaser and a good sds hammer drill. please take into account i only work myself or normally with one other guy.

screw fix have erbauuu wall chaser on at £100 quid, and there is a bosch 2kg hammer drill on also £100 quid. argos also have 1200w hammer drill at £64 quid which have great reviews.

any others or any comments or expierience with these items appreciated

ps , i dont be chasing and chunking at brick every week even.

The Erbaeur chaser is excellent, but needs to be connected to a good hoover, otherwise the room is soon filled with a dust cloud. I've got a wet and dry from Wickes, and find it excellent, dump the bags it is supplied with and get the 'optional' washable filter.
Wickes - Wet n Dry Vacuum Cleaner customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

I wouldnt bother with any kit from Argos - there is a reason they are cheap. Rather than a normal 'hammer' drill, I'd recommend a SDS drill, along with a normal drill/driver. Ive got the Dewalt 18v SDS drill, and it does all I ever need. Corded is not really a good idea for many places - up a ladder drilling a fan core hole, I wouldnt want a trailing lead wrapped around my leg.

Alan.

I bought a wall chaser from makro for £9.99. Its spot on and has paid for itself over and over and still going strong a year down the line. I dont do loads of chasing but didnt want to spend too much on something that often sits unused.

i bought one from lidl a year a go and it is broc and time consuming to get it level. thank you in my wishlist while i compare . 30ft would require you keep moving it tho. but self leveling is only way.

i needed some new pyro tools,put a ticket in and got new everything :smile5:,what did shock me tho was i then priced them up at rs,£250 it came too for stripper,pot tool, ringer and crimp tool..not the cheapest place without discount but we use them..its a lot of money for tools we dont really use every day..

i needed some new pyro tools,put a ticket in and got new everything :smile5:,what did shock me tho was i then priced them up at rs,£250 it came too for stripper,pot tool, ringer and crimp tool..not the cheapest place without discount but we use them..its a lot of money for tools we dont really use every day..
Stripper and pot? I need a new boss ;)

Last edited:
Stripper and pot? I need a new boss ;)

id rather spend £250 on loads of tools,daft thing is i remake at most 2 ends every 6 month..:crazy: but when people say you should have pyro gear just incase,i couldnt condone spending that much on gear most people dont use..unless its on the company account..:shades_smile:

what's wrong with a chalk line. cheap as chips and don't need batteries.

The Erbaeur chaser is excellent, but needs to be connected to a good hoover, otherwise the room is soon filled with a dust cloud. I've got a wet and dry from Wickes, and find it excellent, dump the bags it is supplied with and get the 'optional' washable filter.
Wickes - Wet n Dry Vacuum Cleaner customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

Alan.

Seems they have ditched that particular model, it was probably was too well made and they weren't getting enough repeat custom

Anyway, the replacement does not have any customer feedback as yet, but the price seems almost too good to be true.. £31.99

Wet & Dry Vacuum - Workshop Tools - Power Tools -Tools, Electrical & Plumbing - Wickes

Think they've made a booboo there. Get em while you can fellas.

Seems they have ditched that particular model, it was probably was too well made and they weren't getting enough repeat custom

Anyway, the replacement does not have any customer feedback as yet, but the price seems almost too good to be true.. £31.99

Wet & Dry Vacuum - Workshop Tools - Power Tools -Tools, Electrical & Plumbing - Wickes

Think they've made a booboo there. Get em while you can fellas.

If I did not have one I defo buy one of these £31.99 is a deal!!

Reply to tools toolls tools in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock