Discuss 2330 city and guilds papers in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

phil333

Has anyone done the 2330 papers (technical certificate) up to level 3 here?
if so... how did you get one?

i failed inspection and testing written but passed the practical and passed the rest YAY!:)

What a ---- course :confused:

I have just started my level 3. Flew through L2 with distinctions but I hear the 301 exam is a sod? Just want to get it done and then get my 2391 sorted too.

Hello all,
looks like we are all in the same boat here, just doing my level 3 2330 now. Tutors are putting the frighteners on a bit now regarding the exams, I think the pass mark has gone up. Our college is pushing 'directed learning' which i believe means doing a lot of work in your own time.
If I get any papers or even revision sheets I'll try to post them here, likewise if you get anything that may be usefull to us all please. Cheers, I'm off to college now...ZZzzzzz.

the inspection and testing exam is the one a lot of people failed on, so im doing a retake exam thats cost me £240 for one exam, so don't mess it up or you will have to pay.

i already have 20 questions on the exams i did back in june but i have no scanner!!!
might have to take a photo for you guys if thats ok?

i hope college isnt too boring for you guys :)

Any papers will be useful. The 'hard' exam which catches people out is the 301 which is the last exam you will sit. I understand from my tutors that many people failed it last yr and as such the pass mark has been reduced by C&G as they felt it was unfairly high. We have also been told that the people who failed did so purely because of lack of revision. The message appears to be - hit the books hard, attend as much as poss this year and expect it to be a lot harder than the previous two 'easy' years. Good luck to all!

hi there,got my last gola exam, [level 2 building & structures] do you know how i might get some exam papers.help would be much appreciated,thanks

:eek:HI any luck with getting 2330 exam I started the course in september I think the practical side is great, its the math so much to remember.
would be greatfull for help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard, 301,its insane! :eek:I did a National Certificate in engineering and changed jobs (for the mad money) and the NC was easier as you didnt have to remember mad equations.

I did get help with some papers, apart from the free ones City and Guilds supply and your lecturers should give you. I bought a 100 question (and answers) paper from 2391 Inspection and Testing Britannia Training Ltd Home Page for £3. Why spend more money on an already expensive course? Because it would be mad to fail and have to spend it again.

City looked at the past papers and so few are passing Level3, they are re-assessing the pass mark, see: City & Guilds | August 2007: Updates, amendments and improvements for the Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology (2330).
I couldnt make much sense of this, but don't think its likely they will UP the % to pass!

All i'm doing is practicing any questions I have over and over. Britannia say they are releasing level 3 papers soon, but the level 2 paper i got had lots of good questions. And I am told some level 2 questions pop up on the level 3.

Good luck to us all.:)

Hi there, any luck getting exam papers for level 3.got my first exam coming up in feb,any help would be much appreciated.thanks, euey

hi i'm also doing 2330, if you speak to you college about "smartcreen" by C+G it has mock exams on level 1 - level 3. you need the colleges centre number and code from your tutor to get on it but it has been fantastic for sharpening my brain and seeing how you actually do in an exam situation

Hi Tony I could do with those. Just sat my 302 written tonight and need all the help I can get with my 301! Will send you a pm with my email on. Thanks

the inspection and testing exam is the one a lot of people failed on, so im doing a retake exam thats cost me £240 for one exam, so don't mess it up or you will have to pay.

i already have 20 questions on the exams i did back in june but i have no scanner!!!
might have to take a photo for you guys if thats ok?

i hope college isnt too boring for you guys :)
hey sorry about you failing your exams,is there any way i could get those 20 questions and answers off you please.

Hi chaps

just found some papers, seem to have all different levels.

I,ve noticed people talking about the 301, i've got 7 practice 301 exams, a 302 and a 303.

If people give me their email address i will send them a copy, no problems

regards

Tony
hi tony, could you please send me a copy oy those paper to
[email protected] you are a star.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thaks Tony all received - didn't realise that the paper was multi-choice. I sat the 302 last night not realising that it was the written underpinning knowledge exam on inspection & testing. People say 301 is the hardest but is this true as 302 was fairly tough!

Hello all i'm getting on a bit( age wise ) and i need a little help with the maths and science for the 2330 course any past papers would be great. cheers all.

Reply to 2330 city and guilds papers in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock