Search the forum,

Discuss Domestic, Commercial , or Industrial - Market to Target in the Electricians' Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sbrown2

I am a time served electrician (background MIning Industry). I am currently working in the automotive industry as a maintenance electrician and currently doing a lot of installation work, although hours have been cut this year. I have a plan to get off shifts and to do this I would like to maybe look at building up business to the point where I can work for myself. I have applied for a JIB card(and would hope to get Electrician to Approved Electrician) and just passed 2382-10 exam. I have 2391/01 but will not be updating this as I am confident in the application of Inspection and Testing or will look up what I don't know. I have IPAF and other qualifications
I would like advice on which market would best suit me and what sort of companies to target. Is the commercial and Indudtrial sectors suffering just as much as the domestic sector? Are there specific opportunities in certain sectors? Is the domestic sector larger so better to aim for?
Also what is the most cost effective means of getting into business. I have insurance but I am not registered.
Any help would be greatly received.

Regards

You say you won't be updating 2391-01 because you're confident in Inspection and Testing. All 2391 qualifications remain current and therefore cannot be updated or repeated. 2382 or equivalent is all that is necessary to update to 17th Edition.

Reply to Domestic, Commercial , or Industrial - Market to Target in the Electricians' Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back