Discuss free TV in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

amckay

There are loads of stuff out there such as skybox 5s and android USB dongles and xmbc etc
But I want a set top box with a remote not a mouse that has a fantastic UI and is so easy to use my grandmother can use it.
Must have films sky programmes kids TV etc
Any ideas on the best set up and cost? I'm not bothered if it needs a WiFi connection to stream films.

Ian, I've never paid a TV licence and I never will. I suggest no one pays capita. When they come knocking tell em to sling it. They might come back but they can't come in without your permission!

If you have equipment which has a receiver which can get live TV think you will find you need on.

With a bit of luck it might be the next license to bite the dust as years ago you needed one to listen to the radio.
Yes you are right you did,now it's combined within the tv license as back then more people had radio's than tv's so there were 2 types of license.Personally I think that it's a rip off and should be scrapped.The BBC is only a mouthpiece for the government and that is the only reason why the government still allows the rip off license fee.

There are loads of stuff out there such as skybox 5s and android USB dongles and xmbc etc
But I want a set top box with a remote not a mouse that has a fantastic UI and is so easy to use my grandmother can use it.
Must have films sky programmes kids TV etc
Any ideas on the best set up and cost? I'm not bothered if it needs a WiFi connection to stream films.

huh Skyboxes come with remotes not mouses & the UI is real simple like Sky itself I have a F5 Skybox & it's real simple to use & they are plug & play boxes too. you only have to download the latest Channel list like once a month if that.

Reply to free TV in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock