Currently reading:
Future plans

Discuss Future plans in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Not sure if I am being a bit naive here but was wondering if some one could give me some good advice.

I am l well on my way to being fully qualified and whilst I am aware that there is still lots of work to do I can't help but having one eye on the future. I decided to become an electrician so that I could try and make some good money out of it. My question then is which is the best way to go to earn the big bucks? I've looked at various things but am not sure which is best. Initially I have thought about solar panels (PV), high voltage, or DLR (as my friend said there is good money in the London Underground). I was thinking of maybe trying to contract somewhere but obviously I need to get the extra tickets/qualifications and know which direction to move in first. I looked at all of the HNC & degree stuff and it looks pretty hard to be honest. Willing to do the work if that's where it's at but ideally wanted to contract or set up my own business.

again apologies for appearing to be naive but was just after anyone's thoughts on this.

thanks

Not sure if I am being a bit naive here but was wondering if some one could give me some good advice.

I am l well on my way to being fully qualified and whilst I am aware that there is still lots of work to do I can't help but having one eye on the future. I decided to become an electrician so that I could try and make some good money out of it. My question then is which is the best way to go to earn the big bucks? I've looked at various things but am not sure which is best. Initially I have thought about solar panels (PV), high voltage, or DLR (as my friend said there is good money in the London Underground). I was thinking of maybe trying to contract somewhere but obviously I need to get the extra tickets/qualifications and know which direction to move in first. I looked at all of the HNC & degree stuff and it looks pretty hard to be honest. Willing to do the work if that's where it's at but ideally wanted to contract or set up my own business.

again apologies for appearing to be naive but was just after anyone's thoughts on this.

thanks

Hope you've got your tin hat on!

Hilldog if all you care about is making fast good cash then become a Criminal, You sound like you're years away from making decent money.
Listen! we all need to make money, and the more the merrier, but to choose this profession just to make money is Crazy, you don't even seem to care which area you get into as long as it creates money.
You have got to really enjoy what you do otherwise you will get all the life kicked out of you along the way.
Pick an area you enjoy and then put your heart and soul into it then maybe just maybe you will make some decent money.

thanks
You will need vast experience to make good money in this trade unless you work long hours working away from home.

I enjoy house bashing, I honestly can stand here and say I do like it and don't have much desire to move to big commercial or industrial at the moment, would really need to work with someone, I seem to make money, but then again I put the time and effort in.

This week just gone, I started a 6 day job where I am making £1200 profit, next week I am doing a job where I am making £900 profit and at the weekend I'm doing some work where there's £350 in it and just yesterday morning I put 5 down lights in someone's garage fascia and made £130 profit.

My advice is to start off at the bottom and work up.

I enjoy house bashing, I honestly can stand here and say I do like it and don't have much desire to move to big commercial or industrial at the moment, would really need to work with someone, I seem to make money, but then again I put the time and effort in.

This week just gone, I started a 6 day job where I am making £1200 profit, next week I am doing a job where I am making £900 profit and at the weekend I'm doing some work where there's £350 in it and just yesterday morning I put 5 down lights in someone's garage fascia and made £130 profit.

That would just about cover a new set of tyres for my bentley!!

Can you lend me a tenner?

You drive a Bentley?
I'll bet it's the Continental.
Bloody cheapskate!

Yes sorry mate , but It's only while they deliver the rolls royce phantom

Ah but some tory mofo reckons they're going to be a grand worse off. One or both are lying or they're gonna be breaking even
The tories said they will be 1,500 better off in a United Kingdom lol, we the English will have to pay for that as well as free hospital parking and free prescriptions, and free school dinners for all 4-8 year olds, good old Scotland, we love you really, please stay with us as an equal partner.

The tories said they will be 1,500 better off in a United Kingdom lol, we the English will have to pay for that as well as free hospital parking and free prescriptions, and free school dinners for all 4-8 year olds, good old Scotland, we love you really, please stay with us as an equal partner.
Screw that Mike, if they go off on their own we're moving north

I think most Scots are intelligent enough to know when a politician is giving them the run around, 58% in favour of remaining in the UK at the last poll taken.

I wonder how many of those polled were 16 or 17?

They get the vote for this and could easily be swayed by promises of gold now and in the future!

To the OP if you want to aim for a particular field then go for it, doesnt mean anything else is excluded, I wish I had looked at industry growth areas that pay good money when i was finishing my apprenticeship getting in early really helps with career progression.

I know Salmond is full of bulls*!t, and that there's no certainty of what will happen if we go independent, but there is one thing that IS guaranteed....if we vote YES we will never again be ruled by a tory government.......that's gotta be worth a punt!

If the Scots vote to go alone, the Goverments of the remainder of the UK may well look very different for a very long time.
I can't see how it will work, I mean it cannot be named the UK anymore, and I reckon the welsh will follow as well, a complete break up within 20 years I would think.

There's no such country as england anymore, its just known as Britain. Go to any supermarket and look in the refrigerated meats section you'll see meats marked as either Irish, Scottish, welsh or British. This country went to the dogs a long time ago...

Reply to Future plans in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock