Currently reading:
Help, Lighting Circuit

Discuss Help, Lighting Circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Successfully avoided all of my questions in this entire thread..

I actually question your competency! You never give advice, you just talk about schemes and how everyone and their son should be a member.

The fact that your scheme will very shortly allow 3rd parties to sign work off and you blank the question.

Yes, you are correct that schemes are supposed to allow 3rd party sign off. My "scheme" Elecsa has stated, in writing that they don't have an plans to discuss this situation until September this year.

I often give advice, to others on here, who also give advice to other. Why should I dish out my skills on a plate to every tom, dick, harry, DIYer, builder and bodger??

I have never signed off a 3rd parties work, and will continue to decline to do so. The cowboys that do it now, will continue to do it will carry on, unchecked, as it it now.

Successfully avoided all of my questions in this entire thread..

I actually question your competency! You never give advice, you just talk about schemes and how everyone and their son should be a member.

The fact that your scheme will very shortly allow 3rd parties to sign work off and you blank the question.

Brave man bud....

Also your beloved 'schemes' which you live by, from 6th April allow a third party to sign work off, so now can you explain the problem with asking a friend to sign the work off?

My understanding was that the details for allowing third party sign off were still being worked out, and there would be some delay (e.g. 6 months) before this is allowed (assuming it does actually happen).

Whether your scheme does it in April or September or even next year or the year after that, one way or another you have to accept that it will not be an illegal practice whether you like it or not.

Whether your scheme does it in April or September or even next year or the year after that, one way or another you have to accept that it will not be an illegal practice whether you like it or not.
As it stands it is an illegal practice. After it stops being illegal it will still be unethical in mine, and no doubt many other's, opinion

which brings into mind the role of a QS. signing off other peoples' work. confused????? you will be.

To be honest matey the who situation is a complete shambles and I do wonder how the schemes sleep at night.

I will continue to do the work I enjoy doing, sign off my own work and sleep easy at night.

Just today I got confirmation back from a client that her "main earth free" house now has PME thanks to UKPN. The Twxts who extended it, and installed a new cu hadn't even got round to spotting that there wasn't an earth, let alone done any testing.

I could see it, didn't believe it at first, and double checked with my MFT. I can go back now and install her new socket.

Enough of this crxp, a good weeks work, profitable and now for a glass or 2:6:

To be honest matey the who situation is a complete shambles and I do wonder how the schemes sleep at night.

I will continue to do the work I enjoy doing, sign off my own work and sleep easy at night.

Just today I got confirmation back from a client that her "main earth free" house now has PME thanks to UKPN. The Twxts who extended it, and installed a new cu hadn't even got round to spotting that there wasn't an earth, let alone done any testing.

I could see it, didn't believe it at first, and double checked with my MFT. I can go back now and install her new socket, and sleep easy.

MFT = Multi Function Tester... Just for the Electrical Trainee reading..

i have passed lvl 1 2 & 3 2300 and have two years previous on site experience

If he wanted or needed to join a scheme,they would be falling over themselves to sign up someone with qualifications that don't hardly compare with his haul
icon6.png

He has 2 years on site experience.
icon14.png

How many posts are seen on this forum by fast trackers, almost begging to be given a chance of starting out on the road of experience,experience incidentally which he first trod 2 years ago
icon14.png

He is a late stage apprentice electrician.he is not a couple of weeks chancer
He is being given a rough time by some and deserves none of it
How often are entrants to this trade derided because they do their training on fast track courses,yet here we have a traditionally trained
electrician apprentice being scolded for stretching his wings

Good luck to him,I say,he has the experience to know if he has the experience

I could see it, didn't believe it at first, and double checked with my MFT. I can go back now and install her new socket.

Enough of this crxp, a good weeks work, profitable and now for a glass or 2:6:

We are just as bad as each other. Stubborn as hell!

I know myself and my friend are in the wrong with the whole signing off business however we worked together for a couple of years, we know we are not cowboys etc but with changes coming, it does make it legal.

The house is yet to be finished (too busy with my day job) and by the time I get around to finishing the works may be past 6th April and as far as the LABC is concerned, above board.

However i totally see your point why it is bad to sign off 3rd party works as plumbers and the likes can now take advantage..

Reply to Help, Lighting Circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back