Search the forum,

Discuss Industrial PAT Labels... in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Liberator

I have done a lot of searching for very hard-wearing PAT labels and systems for site equipment and have not found a suitable system yet...

Can anyone recommend a good system that they use with success.

With regards to food manufacturing environments, you are not supposed to use cable-ties as they can harbour bacteria, etc...

Thanks,

~Liberator.

Can you not "Asset Tag" the equipment and provide a laminated summary pass list for the room/area. I have done this for B&B's in the past as there is no actual requirement to sticker up the appliances. As long as there is a safe system in place.

Problem is for equipment that is thrown onto trucks like 110v angle grinders (one client has over 200 grinders), they get dragged through all kinds of dirt and mud......

Even worse still is one client whom operates a chalk and lime processing factory, so everything is covered in a white gloopy corrosive lime...... doing a visual is a night-mare having to wipe down every mm of flex to see if there is any damage...

Im not even confident that the Alphatex TUFF tags would stay on these items.

~I don't have a single client that lets me go back every 3 months for site equipment (cus they are penny pinchers), so these labels have to stay on for 12 months at a time.

Engraved stainless tags would be the other option, but its their shout. As long as there is a means of tracking the inspection of the tools then that is what is required.

I would go with the asset tag (item number) method, and separate sheet of test results. All items would have to have item number engraved on them, at customer's expense, whether I do it or they do it. Any labels are bound to come off in that sort of environment, so engraving the casing is the only reasonable option I can think of.

Problem is for equipment that is thrown onto trucks like 110v angle grinders (one client has over 200 grinders), they get dragged through all kinds of dirt and mud......

Even worse still is one client whom operates a chalk and lime processing factory, so everything is covered in a white gloopy corrosive lime...... doing a visual is a night-mare having to wipe down every mm of flex to see if there is any damage...

Im not even confident that the Alphatex TUFF tags would stay on these items.

~I don't have a single client that lets me go back every 3 months for site equipment (cus they are penny pinchers), so these labels have to stay on for 12 months at a time.

From what you said about the environment of use and treatment of these appliances there is no way you should be issuing a 12 month pass label

Seaward Test n Tag labels are pretty robust - particularly the Black on Yellow that have an extra layer of vinyl laminate.

If a client won't pay attention to the required frequency of inspection and test as laid down in Code of Practice etc, then they are the ones that remain non-compliant and would therfore be responsible for any events. This would be after you have informed them with your recommendations in writing as part of your "wash up" at the end of your visit.

Incredulously I've had one client that asked if it would be too much trouble to come back every 3 months to do all site tools and extension leads - they even provided Metrel Snaptags to put my labels into!! Happy days !!

We have a wide range of PAT labels available... The strongest by far are the "Permatags" they are made out of a really thick flexible PVC with triple bonded permanent adhesive! We have tested them in on equipment used in mines and oil rigs and they have survived! You can literally hang off the label they are that strong.

You might also be interested in "Snaptags" which don't come supplied with labels are tie wraps but are also really strong and can be re-used.

If you'd like samples of either labels, quantity discount etc please PM me your address and I'll get some sent out for you!

Reply to Industrial PAT Labels... in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back