Currently reading:
Installation cert or periodic? plus a few other questions

Discuss Installation cert or periodic? plus a few other questions in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

darren

Hi guys i have a few questions and would be great if someone could advise. Reason I'm asking is because of a difference of opinion between myself and another sparks, my answers are in grey (If I am wrong then my excuse is its been a year since I left college and all i have been doing since is social housing re-wires!!!)

All questions are relating to commercial work

First question - If installing a new circuit into a spare way in an existing board does the entire installation require testing or is a installation certificate adequate?
Install Cert

Second question - if I was to down rate say a 32A to a 20A and re-use the feed cable but replace the equipment is a installation certificate adequate or would this require a full test.
Install Cert

Third question - Is commercial work notifiable?
No unless property is sharing a meter with domestic

Fourth Question - before installing a new cct its noticed that the the main bonding is not up to scratch, can we continue without rectifying?
No

Fifth Question - before altering a cct its noticed that the the main bonding is not up to scratch, can we continue without rectifying?
No

Thanks in advanced guys and gals!!

oops wrong section??...i think..... sorry!! could someone move this please!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys i have a few questions and would be great if someone could advise. Reason I'm asking is because of a difference of opinion between myself and another sparks, my answers are in grey (If I am wrong then my excuse is its been a year since I left college and all i have been doing since is social housing re-wires!!!)

All questions are relating to commercial work

First question - If installing a new circuit into a spare way in an existing board does the entire installation require testing or is a installation certificate adequate?
Install Cert....
EIC...with a full test on the work you have carried out,not the entire installation
Second question - if I was to down rate say a 32A to a 20A and re-use the feed cable but replace the equipment is a installation certificate adequate or would this require a full test.
Install Cert
Same as above.
Third question - Is commercial work notifiable?
No unless property is sharing a meter with domestic
No...you are correct.Part P is domestic only.
Fourth Question - before installing a new cct its noticed that the the main bonding is not up to scratch, can we continue without rectifying?
No
Depends on an assessment of the risk,if it is not sized to the current regulations but shows no signs of overheating the designer may deem it adequate.Generally though main bonding should be upgraded.

Fifth Question - before altering a cct its noticed that the the main bonding is not up to scratch, can we continue without rectifying?
No
Same as above

Thanks in advanced guys and gals!!

oops wrong section??...i think..... sorry!! could someone move this please!

Reply to Installation cert or periodic? plus a few other questions in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back