Currently reading:
MICC Terminating

Discuss MICC Terminating in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Firstly it's been a while since I learnt all my MICC Terminating skills, and whilst loads of training establishments show trainees how to terminate MICC in a sterile location, i,e, at a vice on a work bench.

I was taught how to measure when and how to fit the gland and pot assembly by a very experienced ex Coal mine Electrician, when you have lots of ends to make off, with no room for getting, or hiding excess cable, when for example you are terminating lots of MICC cables of differing sizes into, say a distribution board, where the finished installation need to be clipped and dressed for ascetic reasons.

Is this still taught in trade schools? ( I do realise MICC is not used much these days) but the training Schools stiil seem to plug the terminating quite a lot, judging from the videos I have seen, is the dressing and termination a lost art? it's all well and good showing students how to terminate MICC in a sterile classroom but in the real world, many young and new Electricians and DIs will still struggle to make it look good and proffesional, if this is all they are trained on. discuss if you feel inclined.

Reply to MICC Terminating in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock