Discuss Parliament TV - FiT Review in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Barker's argument trying to say that the Impact Assessment figures are now out of date was completely illogical.

Yes, they are out of date now, four weeks later, but they were the figures that were available at the point he took the decision to have an emergency review with a Dec 12th Reference Date.

Just watched the whole two hours worth phew! Something I couldn`t get my head round why the STA and all were saying that the industry will need no subsidy ( FIT) in 4 or 5 years time, can someone run that past me slowly. Like why ?

Ref why STA were saying we will not need subsidy in 4-5 years time:

We may reach grid parity by 2017. The price of PV electricity will be then be the same as that you buy from your power company. After that it will become progressively cheaper.
Two or three more 20% price hikes (which are likely to happen) coupled with falling equipment costs and we are there.

Any one who thinks a 4kW system will cost 3k is living in a fantasy world!!
That doesn't even cover wages and miscelaneous materials not including the panels and inverters. I just spent £200 on lead for a roof ffs!!
There is a strong body of opinion that in the next 2-3 years kit will become more expensive, not less, as more countries come on line with their own FiTS. The UK is not a bubble on it's own

I thought representatives for solar were gunning for themselves rather than the industry the 4-5 years wasn’t a serious punt for parity just enough time to realise their own ambitions , having watched the lot it became nearly a dead certainty that the big 6 plus the rent a roofers were the driving force here as the 3p export benefit reducing wholesale costs was entirely ignored when any of the calculations were done , the rent a roofer could have done better for himself when referring to reductions in costs as you cant single out single elements ie are wages and transport costs going to come down, i think not . Im of the opinion that they would be very happy if the epc and aggregators were dropped as being large enough to import from china directly from the manufacturer and avoiding wholesaler mark ups puts them in a different league from most on here combine with government guaranteed loans at 5% would make them all small fortunes and secure their positions in the market to many newly qualified mcs people hot on their heels was a worrying part for them the job losses will still occur at the new 21p levels as you are going to need around 4 -500k in readies to be in the game on an even footing ( cut out middlemen pay vat on imports get yourselves warehouse and staff ) when looking at the install graphs the huge increase in the last few weeks cannot have come from new entrants and small installers on here the surge must have come from " we have been to downing street to discuss this and had consultations with decc " its been down to them who had the inside drop on us and the resources to deploy quickly and efficiently one guy picked it up when they asked what is the vertical increase on the installation graph down too since the beginning of the month when lead times are 4-5 weeks but didn’t push it as he knew he had shot one across their bow so to speak , anyway enough rant I've work to do

It wasn't clear if the graphs were showing number of installs or MW capacity installed. I suspect the latter and that the figures include delayed input of the solar farms that scraped past the August deadline - probably accounts for a hundred MW or so and will be a complete one-off. This detail wasn't probed at all by the committee. Poor performance from them, I thought.

It wasn't clear if the graphs were showing number of installs or MW capacity installed. I suspect the latter and that the figures include delayed input of the solar farms that scraped past the August deadline - probably accounts for a hundred MW or so and will be a complete one-off. This detail wasn't probed at all by the committee. Poor performance from them, I thought.

1:37.08 they clearly state it was installations, so solar farms nothing to do with it ( our industry representatives were asked what would they like to kill large scale or small they recomended large scale at that meeting they must have been tiped of back then as the 12 weeks is exactly what they said was their slow boat from china took to arrive in the uk circumstantial I agree but close enough to arouse a whole lot of suss.

Reply to Parliament TV - FiT Review in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net