Currently reading:
r1 + r2 testing

Discuss r1 + r2 testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

osg only uses r1 +r2 and then R1 + R2 on the ring test to stop confussion
all circuits with a line conductor and cpc can and should be tested for the R1 and R2 value ,

Last edited by a moderator:
R 1 + R 2 = line and CPC on any cct

r 1 , r 2 , r n = end to end continuity on ring final ccts

its all in 7671/ guidance note 3 or the OSG

when you look at this section on testing does anyone else feel we are underpaid for the amount of knowledge we have
sparks are by far the best trade - HOORAH

Dont worry yourselves ive sorted the problem thanks for all the help :) , it appered to be a faulty length of wire, managed to rip it out and put a new piece in without to much damage as i pulled it in the capping it was just getting around the corners.
The cable seemed to have a bulge in it when i pulled it out, so spliced it and the line seemed to have a a little blemish in it which was touching the cpc with no obvious sign of penertration damage, so must of been faulty cable.

Not some of that imported junk was it?....quality cable almost never has problems like that....impact damage from a hammer etc can cause the cpc to penetrate a core with no obvious damage to the sheath.

Seems like alot of noise over very little.
got to disagree on that one Si, incorrect terminolgy may not seem that important but in my opinion the guys are right, if you start mixing things up then where does the confusion end?

does a main bond become a main earth or an ohm an amp

the replys were not directed at the op asking the question but to the incorrect answers he was given, if he is learning then its best to learn the correct way from the start.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get what your saying but it wasn't until Sinatra's post #15 that it was mentioned the two different terminologys. If the OP is learning it was all a bit cryptic until then, even I had to double check.

I get what your saying but it wasn't until Sinatra's post #15 that it was mentioned the two different terminologys. If the OP is learning it was all a bit cryptic until then, even I had to double check.

I think Cyberpunks rather derogatory posts resulted in no one wanting to make it easy for him.....but yes,I agree...it's easy to get the two terminologies mixed up.

Reply to r1 + r2 testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock