Discuss rcd protection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

So after attending college and training with a so called time served electrician who was crap ..what should I do ... Retrain with another crap electrician or use the knowledge and qualifications I have gained along with asking for pointers on this forum for guidance to better myself...I've asked for pointers not for u to do the job... Thank you to those who gave helpful answers .and if the unhelpful ones are so good at the job how have you got so much time to spend on here abusing others (to make yourselves feel superior)
Because we are Superior and have successful businesses and have other people doing it for us!!

Get experience working along side an experienced inspector. You have no excuse, just because you once worked with a poor electrician that doesn't mean that you can go throwing yourself head first into jobs that you don't know how do do.

Here's some helpful advice for you; learn how to walk before you start running.

It's not abuse fella, it's the hard truth. In terms of inspection and testing knowledge, mine is already far superior to yours, therefore I don't feel the need to do anything to make myself 'feel' superior. That superior knowledge gives me the ability, and the right, to say that you currently don't posses the level of knowledge needed to be carrying out inspection and testing work if you have to be asking such basic questions. You can't just take the work on and expect people on forums to answer questions, that you, as an electrician who has taken money in exchange for testing and inspection services, should know!

Finally, as you asked, I have time to spend on here in between emailing invoices to my many customers, customers whom I have gained over many years who give me money to carry out work that I can actually do, and do bloody well!

Agreed your your experience and knowledge may be superior ..but I meant attitude but somebody already said time served does not always mean you know everything

@ OP.how does it feel to have been run over by a panzer tiger tank?

Agreed your your experience and knowledge may be superior ..but I meant attitude but somebody already said time served does not always mean you know everything

And don't I know it. I certainly don't know everything, but there is one thing I do know, one thing in particular that makes me a really good electrician. That thing is...

My limits!

Scott my above post was maybe a bit Arrogant, so I will try a different approach.
Damian as summed it up perfectly, The point I tried to make 1st was that you cannot go around carrying out testing installations if you are not fully versed with the coding procedure.
There are 3 codes for you to work to, but that doesn't mean you can apply whichever you feel like.
If you were taught by a Rubbish mentor then I feel for you, but that said you are a Grown man and in charge of your own life.
So therefore if you are not up to the job on your own, then maybe look to shadow a more experienced inspector and gain more knowledge.
The codes that you apply have an effect on your customers, as in you could be under cautious and put someone at risk or over code and cost the customer undue expense.

And don't I know it. I certainly don't know everything, but there is one thing I do know, one thing in particular that makes me a really good electrician. That thing is...

My limits!

damian. i thought i told you not to mention el alamein on an open forum. :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Reply to rcd protection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net