Search the forum,

Discuss What vacuum ??? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Cammy

What vacuum does everyone use here? I've been looking for one online but it's a case of trying with the wall chaser before you'll really know what's what!
I've used a big Festool one and they are brill.. However £350+ for one is just out of the question.
The Wickes wet and dry's are amazing; for wet use only. It's more of a smoke screen device, in my experience, for dry use.

I use a Miele at home; I know they're good quality and available for £100. Will they survive on site? I have my reservations.

I couldn't find another vacuum thread easily. Hopefully I'm not double posting

All input valued :icon14:

The numatic 'Henry' seems to be near enough an industry standard. They do an industrial one as well; both seem to be around 100 quid.

We have had a henry for about 4 years now and it hasnt missed a beat, works well with or without bags. Just need to give the filter a good old bang on the wall to clean it out every now and then. Dont know how well it would work with a wall chaser though.

I use a Bosch GAS 25 dust extractor when Im doing cores through walls , good strong powerful suction, wet and dry , the only con is the price of the dust bags , but can usually be found on evilbay going cheap

JAmie

I use a Karcher wet & dry, and it works a treat with a chaser. I get it from tesco oddly enough as they were the cheapest at the time.

We eventually settled on hilt after trying most of the others and killing the lot of them !
It's the one that seems to self clean , I can not remember the model number and I will not be back to our yard in Bucks until Wednesday so no help there !
It just keeps sucking , it will even suck up bits of rubble that look slightly larger than its flexible hose .
And it is the only one I have ever seen that actually does get as near 100% of the dust as possible when on a chaser or grinder .

Bosch gas50 great performance but gets heavy when it's full of dust.bit big for general hoovering tho.i have a wee nilfisk that I have in the van for general tidy up work which is good for the money

Bosch GAS25 or Henry for me depending on the size of the job. My colleges swear by the Earlex wet/dry vacuum extractor or the annual offering from Aldi.

I've just bought a Einhell BT-VC 1500sa Wet and Dry Vacuum from argos for £80. It had good reviews. I've used it at a house we are renovating for dry work only and for a job recently, but not with a wall chaser. it performs pretty well and when the filter gets clogged a good bash against the side of the bin soon empties it.

Oh don't worry I splashed the cash on the red monster, love it but could have bought the nilfisk alto one at half the price for an identical machine :-(

But at least the red ones faster !
Sorry , just could not resist a quick reference to the great " Kevin Bloody Wilson !"

Just in case any fans are reading this I think this years " Cop-u-later " tour is going to be his last UK one !
So best get it booked if you ever want to see the little bloke live , which i can honestly say is bloody well worth the effort !

I found a reasonably small Nilfisk that looked perfect for a bit of house bashing and with auto startstop socket too!
Good value for £140 from Screwfix; so I thought I'd buy it when my Tesco credit card came through (points mean prizes!). I normally check their daily deals if I go on their site and there it is Nilfisk Alto Aero 25-21 £50 off!:greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy:
http://tinyurl.com/67mkjvo (wouldn't let me use their address?!)

Ends at midnight tonight if anyone else is looking!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to What vacuum ??? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back