Search the forum,

Discuss Wiring lights in flat with concrete ceilings in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

agreed. looked it up. no risk until disturbed.

Still an offence under the control of asbestos regs
under said regs its also an offence to bin those mem bs3036 fuses with the 1/2" square of asbestos in them.....how many of them have been binned over the years?
Said boards are incredibly prevalent round here....especially in "lower end properties", old higher end stuff tends to be wylex....and mostly the residents have no clue that there is asbestos in said boards...
An older relative of mine used to steam strip artex with asbestos as part of his job.

[QUOTE
An older relative of mine used to steam strip artex with asbestos as part of his job.[/QUOTE]

My father in law used to renovate old farm buildings years ago. These places contained loads of asbestos boards but no-one was aware of the dangers back then. Died far too early. Enough said!

Did one of these a few weeks ago, we bunched the cables onto the ceiling with Christmas trees and cable ties and the chased down the walls. They then reboarded the ceilings with wooden batons as a spacer and it ended up looking great.

Did one of these a few weeks ago, we bunched the cables onto the ceiling with Christmas trees and cable ties and the chased down the walls. They then reboarded the ceilings with wooden batons as a spacer and it ended up looking great.
Done a few of these sort of jobs in Richmond and the builder there screwed 2 x 1 battens to the concrete ceiling but then cross battened the other way, that way you can get all your cables in both directions without drilling shallow timber

Concrete ceilings normally only get a thin skim. Plaster isn't used, i forget the generic name for the stuff but it tends to be white or grey in colour!! Anyway, nowhere near the thickness to sink a cable in to it.

Not sure why you need to chase anyway, surely there is a conduit system in place, that would include lights to switches??

Reply to Wiring lights in flat with concrete ceilings in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back