Discuss 2 wiring centres.. in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,
I posted this week about an omnie UFH wiring centre I’m installing, it’s my first install of this kind and I’m unfamiliar with it.
The wiring centre for the manifold is simple and I understand it my problem is it’s only underfloor heating downstairs, upstairs is rads and towel rads on a separate system (so they come on in summer)
Also the hot water is there too so I would need a standard wiring centre for all that along with the two port valves for them etc.
My problem is the boiler I assume will only have one switch live so if I connect both wiring centres to the boiler switched live input surely once one system comes on so will the rest or am I missing somthing?
Hopefully I’m making my self clear.
I can’t add the upstairs rads onto the underfloor heating system as I have no zones left on it.
Any help would be appreciated.

A 'wiring centre' is just a joint box by another name, unless you mean those rubbish 'paint by numbers' things designed for people who don't understand a very simple circuit?

You can have as many joint boxes as you like/need to connect it all up.

There isn't usually much chance of a back feed issue these days as most UFH controls have volt free output to the boiler, and standard 2 port motorised valves also have volt free output to the boiler via the microswitch.

Obviously (I hope) you cannot connect anything such that one circuit, or outgoing side of an SFCU becomes electrically connected to another.

A 'wiring centre' is just a joint box by another name, unless you mean those rubbish 'paint by numbers' things designed for people who don't understand a very simple circuit?

You can have as many joint boxes as you like/need to connect it all up.

There isn't usually much chance of a back feed issue these days as most UFH controls have volt free output to the boiler, and standard 2 port motorised valves also have volt free output to the boiler via the microswitch.

Obviously (I hope) you cannot connect anything such that one circuit, or outgoing side of an SFCU becomes electrically connected to another.
Wiring centre is just the term I was taught the omnie one is a simple as you say paint by numbers and the one I need to create for upstairs will be a junction box for all the two ports.. so do I need to connect them together or keep them separate then? I’ll attach the ufh diagram 2 wiring centres.. 15111699-B619-4075-84C9-BB1EE3971DDC - EletriciansForums.net

Wiring centre is just the term I was taught the omnie one is a simple as you say paint by numbers and the one I need to create for upstairs will be a junction box for all the two ports.. so do I need to connect them together or keep them separate then? I’ll attach the ufh diagram View attachment 58997

It's a 2 port valve providing the switched output to the boiler so it just connects the same as any other zone.

Reply to 2 wiring centres.. in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock