Currently reading:
Auto Electrical - Day Running Lights led

Discuss Auto Electrical - Day Running Lights led in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tawny Owl

Hi all:waving:

Any help with this would be gratefully received :smiley2:
I have fitted some led lights into the front of my bumper and have wired them into the side lights as I didn't want them on all the time like DRL's but I want them to go off when I put the headlights on.

I guess I need to use a changeover relay (or two) but I can't work out for the life of me how to wire them up as the side lights remain on with the headlights.

I'm OK with wiring the relays up if only I knew how , anyone could kindly help with pin configurations please.

Kind Regards

Tawny

connect the LEDs to the parking lights via the NC contacts. Supply the coil from the dipped beam, so the NC contacts will open. Trouble is the LEDs will come back on when you go to main beam as the dipped will go off (on halogen systems anyway)

You’ll need two relays, one each for the dip and main. I can’t remember the pin-outs for automotive relays, you’ll have to look at what’s printed on them.
There is a way of doing it with just one relay but it depends on how easy it is to get to the switches on in the dashboard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Auto Electrical - Day Running Lights led in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock