Currently reading:
Brightest GU10 LED - or maybe something else ?

Discuss Brightest GU10 LED - or maybe something else ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Viktor

-
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm not an electrician but trying to research the following issue for our lighting needs :

I am replacing GU10 halogen lights with LED spotlight but have found the following problem :

I don't want to save electricity I want a much brighter living room/kitchen.

In theory since all the sockets rated 40watts I think I could get a 40 watt LED bulb that would be multiples brighter but so far the best I've found is only 9 watts and 850 lumens.

So the questions is if there's any brighter GU10 bulb out there? In theory a 27 watts LED could be around 2550 Lumen but I can't find anything online.

Floorstanding lights have this amazing 4000 lumen bulb, 3 of those would be great for our space but they look terrible/don't fit the style of the rooms and of course I couldn't put any of those in the middle of the kitchen.

Any comments, suggestions or ideas are welcome.

Thanks,
Viktor

Just to second getting some wider beam LEDs. I've got 4x 110 degree 400lm GU10s that illuminate my living room, which is about 5m x 4m. Brighter lights aren't worth anything if they're only pointing at a 1m spot on the floor

I think the problem with cutting larger holes is the Landlord may charge megabucks to re-instate the original lighting (bang goes your deposit). At least with surface mounted LED panels as @HandySparks has observed they are easy to remove/re-instate. You could leave the spots as is and just have the panels switch on.

Reply to Brightest GU10 LED - or maybe something else ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock