Search the forum,

Discuss Can someone explain simply how 3 plate wiring is done? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi all, I'm a 11 week old apprentice spark

The live and neutral are taken to a ceiling rose
A live and neutral are taken to the next ceiling rose
A live and neutral are taken to the next ceiling rose and so on to feed however many light points

A live and a switched live are taken to the switch position
The connections at the ceiling rose are such that the live in is diverted to the switch and returned to the rose (via the switched live) ,it then feeds through the lamp and is connected to neutral where it returns to the supply to complete the circuit

At the rose,connect the 3 browns together
The switched live brown to one side of the lamp
The blue neutrals to the other side of thelamp

Mind you,at 11 weeks old,it seems very young to start your training

Last edited:
Thank god for that, thought I was missing some cool new way to wire lighting. All through college it was always refered to the 'Loop In' method.

On my own jobs, I always wire a live and neutral to swithes and take SW's from there.

Reply to Can someone explain simply how 3 plate wiring is done? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock