Discuss Can you guys help make sure my electrician didn't mess up my pizza oven wiring? Schematic included in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jimbroni

DIY
Reaction score
Please see the photos in reference.

After weeks/almost 2 moths of construction and prep - my contractor had finished up our pizza oven project. He let me know near the end of the process that the control panel would need to be removed in order to fit the oven in the way I desired. When he removed the control panel and wiring he let me know that he would wire it back up just as easy as he took it off.... lets just say it took him considerably longer to assemble before he was finished. With that in mind - I would like to run it through you guys. Can you help me? See pictures.

I only have rudimentary electrical knowledge. The wires leading out the top go to the ambiance burner circuit. The wires leading out from the bottom lead to the hearth burner circuit. Each only takes three wires back through the bx cables: black, white, green.

power cord is: 16 gauge, 13 Amps, 125v, 1625 Watts. Just has a black wire, white wire, and green ground wire. All grounds from power and burners lead to a secure green grounding screw in control box behind panel. Looks like the red and white wire connected to the 6 and 7 slot head to a temperature probe. I have easy access to plug in and out of my outlet to remove from power. Please let me know if you need further info!

just looking to check up on my electrician bc he really struggled at the end of the project. He left in a huff after everything.

TL;DR
Pls check my current wiring to the wire schematic for my pizza oven. Not sure if I trust electrician rn.

Attachments

• electrical sticker.png
    285.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Photo Jan 31, 4 25 23 PM.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Photo Jan 31, 4 25 29 PM.jpg
    475.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Photo Jan 31, 4 26 06 PM.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Photo Jan 31, 2 26 04 PM.jpg
    663.5 KB · Views: 19
Please see the photos in reference.

After weeks/almost 2 moths of construction and prep - my contractor had finished up our pizza oven project. He let me know near the end of the process that the control panel would need to be removed in order to fit the oven in the way I desired. When he removed the control panel and wiring he let me know that he would wire it back up just as easy as he took it off.... lets just say it took him considerably longer to assemble before he was finished. With that in mind - I would like to run it through you guys. Can you help me? See pictures.

I only have rudimentary electrical knowledge. The wires leading out the top go to the ambiance burner circuit. The wires leading out from the bottom lead to the hearth burner circuit. Each only takes three wires back through the bx cables: black, white, green.

power cord is: 16 gauge, 13 Amps, 125v, 1625 Watts. Just has a black wire, white wire, and green ground wire. All grounds from power and burners lead to a secure green grounding screw in control box behind panel. Looks like the red and white wire connected to the 6 and 7 slot head to a temperature probe. I have easy access to plug in and out of my outlet to remove from power. Please let me know if you need further info!

just looking to check up on my electrician bc he really struggled at the end of the project. He left in a huff after everything.
two more photos with quick color codes in reference to each of the on/off switches and temperature controller.

Attachments

• Control Box - color coded.jpg
    478.7 KB · Views: 6
  • electrical sticker - color coded.jpg
    986.3 KB · Views: 6
Going to bump this up - mods - let me know if I have done anything wrong? Let me know if I can supply anymore information.\

I now have an issue where my oven burner will shut down after a few hours... sporadically. I can restart with a switch but it can do the same thing in a few hours.

Reply to Can you guys help make sure my electrician didn't mess up my pizza oven wiring? Schematic included in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net