Currently reading:
Ceramic hob partially working

Discuss Ceramic hob partially working in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Got a 5 ring ceramic hob, all ring power on and can select heat setting on them but only 2 heat up? On the flex there's 4 cores I've connected brown, blue and earth but have left black could that be anything to do with it? On a 32A Rcbo as required and fed by a 10mm which is plenty!IMG_20240609_134855.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The picture you posted shows wiring across 2 phases and neutral
Are you sure the hob is suitable for a single phase supply?

Yes! I would expect both L1 (black) & L2 (brown) to be connected for everything to work! Usually there are connection diagrams for different supplies (e.g. if you have 2 or 3 phases, as common in some countries).
Worked a treat!! Couldn't get my head around the diagram I interpreted it as 230 across n and L2!

Cheers pal

It may still be wrong.
Diagram shows l1 and l2 on different phases.
If you put them on the same phase, you could overload the neutral cable.

Just because it works doesn’t mean it’s right.
Please check the manufacturer’s instructions

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ceramic hob partially working in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back