Search the forum,

Discuss Citroen Dipatch or Peugeot Expert Vans in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Are any of you using these vans or have in the past. Looking at a 2009 model this week and wanted to know as many good and bad points about them.

Thanks in advance

Actually I retract my original comment, just realised I quite like the expert and looked at one. Not sure what the difference is with Despatch but Adam may have just answered that

I got a transporter in the end. Havent got it now (got an estate) but if was lucky enough to afford another van it would be a transporter.

Aren't they essentially the same van?

Yes but if i'd asked about one model then those driving the other may not of replied.

- - - Updated - - -

I got a transporter in the end. Havent got it now (got an estate) but if was lucky enough to afford another van it would be a transporter.

Budget allowing then thats probably the route i'd take.

Reason for this one is the price and condition, its a minter

We've got 3 of them on lease on our firm, all 3 and 2 previous ones have had a fault with the EGR valve which causes the van to cut out and can't be driven any further (always happens on the way home lol)
Always seems to go around 20-24k mile intervals.
the lease is up in December and the boss is not going to renew, one has already been replaced by a transporter which is a much better built van and a better all round drive but the driving and passenger seating positions are far more comfortable in the Peugeot over long distances.
IMO try the vivaro or transit, the new transit custom looks a good van.

Know what your saying cossie. In my op i was going to say please don't all come at me saying VW lol.

I got the berlingo 2.0o hdi van 3 years back when i started up and got told that it'd cost me a fortune in repairs.

Think i must of spent less than 500 quid on it excluding servicing items, so that wasn't too bad.

Fair enough, think I could have explained it better, although my boss has decided to replace one with a transporter, when I look to start on my own in the new year I'll be looking at the vivaro or transit, as all rounders I think they'll be the better and more cost effective option.

i've got an 10 plate dispatch(1.6 hdi) and had absolutely no problems with it. It may not be the fastest van in the world but for jobbing around the local area it's great on fuel giving me 40-50mpg. However a friend of mine also has one and has had problems with his suspension, but every type of van out there will have good+bad reviews. In my opinion berlingo sized vans are too small as once you have your tools/drills etc inside most of the room is already taken up leaving you little space for materials but i also found transits to be slightly too big. The dispatch for me offered the perfect size and I think the running costs are easily manageable.

Reply to Citroen Dipatch or Peugeot Expert Vans in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back