Discuss Find my mistakes! - Camper van wiring diagram in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Dear Community,

I am at the initial phase of my camper van conversion in China, in which I am planning to live and work together with my wife. Camper vans in China are not popular though they produce any kind of devices and gadgets one might search for this purpose.

I am not bad at DIY and woodwork but my electric knowledge is limited. I have been researching a lot in the last weeks to plan the wiring diagram that you see below. Despite my best efforts, I am sure there are mistakes that I cannot see and I hope some more expert eyes will help me avoid potential disasters!

Carmen.png

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions, especially in terms of cable and fuse sizes. What mistakes can you find? (The simple software I used didn’t have many icons, so the 12v fuse box looks like a normal breaker.)

Also, can I just use (magnetic) circuit breakers instead of fuses a bit everywhere (except the 12v box)? I also don’t understand why I should use one or another kind of breakers/fuses so I would simply go with the circuit breaker kind you see in the icons.

Thanks!

Reply to Find my mistakes! - Camper van wiring diagram in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
Hello Community, This is Filippo, from Italy, digital nomad, and Lin, from China, traditional medicine practitioner. After many adventures with...
Replies
Views
This appears in our Building & Pest report: "Safety switch installed, old fuse wire fuses still in use, recommend replace with circuit breakers."...
Replies
Views
Hi I am converting a Sprinter van. I would like to use RCBOs. I want to run 3 seperat Circuits. 1 and 2 for sockets either side of the van and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've been getting into electrical work these last few months, and have gone from doing rudimentary battery-switch-bulb diagrams to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock