Discuss Circuit Diagram Help in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Amesh1263

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been getting into electrical work these last few months, and have gone from doing rudimentary battery-switch-bulb diagrams to increasingly complex circuit diagrams as a hobby seeing as how I've just retired and need something to do. I've been trying to explain AC-DC converting to a friend who's into aviation after he showed me this (Red Box RBPS25 Cont Power 25amp DC Both 14&28V - https://transair.co.uk/aircraft-and-airfield/aircraft-maintenance/red-box/ga-continuous-power-supply/red-box-continuous-power-rbps25-25a-at-1428-dc).
Although I managed to explain the concept of AC-DC converting and how this can power his aircraft on the ground, I got home this evening and decided to have a go at drawing out a circuit diagram for this device. However, everything I've come out with looks like some kind of deranged science experiment with wires almost everywhere. I was hoping that maybe one of you more experienced electricians could have a look at the link and share a circuit diagram for this so I can see where on earth I've gone wrong, because every time I think I've found where I've gone wrong, the diagram gets worse and worse.
Thanks in advance.
Matthew

It all depends whether it is a linear power supply, or a switch mode one. Linear ones can be fairly straightforward, but it depends on the level of regulation required. Switch mode ones are not something a hobbyist would normally design themselves.

I guessing with the price of that unit that it is a very well made and well regulated unit. Especially with it being aimed at the aviation market. You won't find a circuit diagram easily for that on line I wouldn't have thought.

Have a search on the web for regulated power supplies - there are thousands for you to look at. Obviously you need to find one with a good circuit description.

Reply to Circuit Diagram Help in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net