Discuss Info on the PAT-testing market in the UK in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to get an overview of the UK PAT-testing ( In Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment) market and I'd be very thankful if anyone on here could provide some information. If you don't have the answers but know where to look(websites etc.) that would be very helpful also. Thanks in advance!

1. % of companies in the UK that test their appliances?

2. Of the companies testing, how many do in-house testing(%), and how many hire a company to test for them?

I don't need exact figures, just ball-park. All relevant information is helpful.
Again, thanks!

1. 100% should have their equipment tested.

2. Hard to say. Larger companies may have their own technical department. Adding ISITEE to the workload would be nothing.
It will be fairly half and half…. Maybe not 50/50 but 60/40 ish

There has been a massive race to the bottom concerning PAT testing. Where companies do it for a pittance. There is no way they do that number of appliances in the time… and a lot of it is simply putting a new sticker on.

1. 100% should have their equipment tested.

2. Hard to say. Larger companies may have their own technical department. Adding ISITEE to the workload would be nothing.
It will be fairly half and half…. Maybe not 50/50 but 60/40 ish

There has been a massive race to the bottom concerning PAT testing. Where companies do it for a pittance. There is no way they do that number of appliances in the time… and a lot of it is simply putting a new sticker on.
Thanks! That is valuable information!

On Q1. Even if 100% should test, do you have a feel for how many actually test?

Also, do you by any chance know what kind of software the companies that do the testing are using? by software, I mean customer portal(where asset register, certificates, etc. are stored). Do they have their own or are they using a shared platform? Or do most only have physical versions of this?

Thanks in advance!

The UK ISITEE market is swamped with cheap as chips doubt whether it is properly tested companies who will at best put a sticker on every appliance and produce for you a list of appliances you have for their invoicing purposes at pence per appliance

I would suggest that some if not most of the information you want can be found on the internet or even a search of this and other forums will glean a lot of info on the farce that is called appliance testing

Reply to Info on the PAT-testing market in the UK in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net