Search the forum,

Discuss conservatory wiring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pjb1

Been to look at a job today for a builder who is putting up a conservatory for somebody, The property owner wants a light and a couple of sockets putting in. Problem started as soon as i started looking, Old wylex consumer unit fuses removed and replaced with push in type mcb. No spare ways in the Cu Main Bonding under size.
Looked at the main incomer to see if i could maybe come off the tail side to feed a small 2 way Rcd protected consumer unit. But can't see a way of tapping off?

And Help and Advise would be greatly appreciated Fellas

Supply is T-n-c-s
100A main Fuse
25mm Tails
16mm Earthing Conductor

Any additional work must be to current regs which will mean RCD protection.

The main earth and main bonds will also need to be upgraded.

Whilst there are still numerous old CU's out there, it makes "just adding" an expensive job sometimes.

Perfect opportunity to price a CU upgrade, beware of John Wayne sneeking up from behind and seriously undercutting you, though.

Went down that route Ghost,Usally answer from customer haven't had any problem with it what do i need to lay out for a new cu for!!!!

Reply to conservatory wiring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back