Currently reading:
Earth and bonding cable checks-any tools available?

Discuss Earth and bonding cable checks-any tools available? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

if these cooker installers are expected to check earthing and bonding, then they should have been trained how. you could help by telling them where the connections are if they are not obvious.

I could easily quote from a GN etc, but those publications are intended for a competent person.
Perhaps I should teach them all the adiabatic calculation?

I could easily quote from a GN etc, but those publications are intended for a competent person.

But thats what they need to learn and understand, theres more to electrics than just this cable will do attitude.

I have a team of cooker installers who need to confirm earth & bonding sizes, I have the skills to do so, but I am in an office, I cannot expect a cooker installer to know how to, hence the question.

This section of your earlier post is really confusing me. Firstly you say these cooker installers need to confirm earthing and bonding sizes. Then you go on to state that you would not expect a cooker installer to know how to.

So so if you don't expect them to know how to verify earthing and bonding then why are you expecting them to do so?

Perhaps you should yes. If they are not competent to do their job, then why are they carrying out testing of circuits and installation of appliances ?

City and Guilds 2359 Level 2 qualification in Installing Consumer Electrical Equipment, full CCN1 and CKR1 Gas safe quals and internal training covering off electrical testing.

The guys are competent in their field, but are not electricians.

Reply to Earth and bonding cable checks-any tools available? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back