Discuss 3 phase cooker - idiot check in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

happysteve

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I'd appreciate a quick sanity check, thanks in advance:

New circuit for a 3 phase cooker, in a community centre (run by a charity). Total load 16.5kW: L1 27A, L2 27A, L3 15A. (6kW oven, 6 hotplates: 3x 2kW, 3x 1.5kW).

Commercial setting so no diversity: 3x 32A OCPD. (?)

TN-C-S, so Zs presumably ok (will check Ze + calculate likely Zs, obvs).

No additional protection required for cable run - will probably be SWA (outside chance of singles in trunking/conduit) to local 3P+N 32A rotary isolator, then hardwired in 5C H07RN-F.

Not in a special location.

There is no mention of RCD or additional protection in manufacturer's instructions: nothing about it being required or recommended. Just says, "Must be earthed."

In theory, 3P+N RCBOs are available for the DB (MEM3). But would you?

Thanks all :)

TL;DR
Sanity check on 16.6kW 3P cooker, wrt diversity and RCD protection
I see no need for 30mA RCD protection from what you have described.

You say 3x32A OCPD? That should be 1x 32A TP OCPD rather than 3x (assuming it's an MCB and not fuses)
Yes, of course, a 3P MCB... just didn't get the terminology correct.
Many thanks for the reply

Reply to 3 phase cooker - idiot check in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, I have been asked to pull in some new 3 phase supplies for 7 new welders which do not require a neutral connection. The client has...
Replies
Views
I have some questions about 3 phase. 1. Does the neutral come in with the supply as standard? 2. As most 3 phase equipment doesn't require an N...
Replies
Views
I'm planning a replacement for my existing domestic CU and would like to have it sanity checked before I get an electrician involved. The main...
Replies
Views
Hi All I haven't done any 3 Phase work for some time but I have just been asked to wire up a new woodworking workshop. There will be 6 - 7, 3...
Replies
Views
After my last post and having and having to re-learn some stuff can someone check and advise on a few things. Sorry if this is wrong don't hate...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock