Search the forum,

Discuss English…. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Knobhead

English….

Please could we write in English and not TXT mumbo jumbo.

I’ve just been trying to read a thread and had to give up.

We are supposed to be professionals, not wide boys on a street corner.

To translate

pls c%d we wrte n eng & not TXT mumbo jumbo.

I’ve jst Bin trying 2 rED a thread & had 2 GIV ^.

We R sposd 2 b professionals, not wide boys on a st. corner.

Mr T m8 i duno wat ya meen. R da peeps getin on ya bak fella?

Soz m8, I add 2 try and make you rolf or pmsl, lol :).

I know what you mean Tony when some of my friends text me I have to call them to find out what they mean. We don't need to be a master of the English language but at least write so we can understand it.

@ lEst I’m not d only 1 dat wastes fone calz 2 clr ^ wot shud hav Bin EZ 2 undRstNd

At least I’m not the only one that wastes phone calls to clear up what should have been easy to understand

Careful, I got ridiculed on another forum because i commented on the quality of the writing. I'm a crap speller and don't always get the commas in the right place but some people just write one long lowercase sentence. Almost impossible to read.

I agree with Tony, elucidation of meaning may best be obtained through the correct use of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
At the least they could use paragraphs to separate out items, but nonsensical abbreviations just make things difficult.
Or am I just a sour old grumpy?

It should be compulsory to type in clear concise sentences. As for spelling, the forum or PC does that for you by underlining the word that is not spelt correctly.

I did hear that schools teach english in 5 weeks now........

Looking at a number of the poor posts in recent days, it does make you wonder about the quality of estimates and/or quotations people send to clients!!

Reply to English…. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back