Discuss Exposed T and E's during test. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

In the U.K. the outer pvc sheath is considered mechanical protection on twin and earth

Now in America and Canada the outer jacket is not classed as mechanical protection and if run on wall should be either in flexicon or ridged con-do-it or boxed in

Hi, I am new to this forum and can't find an exact match to my search.
I am new to testing and inspection and have come across a db mounted in a garage on the wall whereby the t and e's for all circuits are clipped direct to the wall before entering the ceiling approx 1m above.
Is this deemed as a C2 or C3 on test cert?

Thanks.
Have you done the actual course in testing???
Because if you had you would know .
According to your question you don' t seem to know what these codes mean.

You should purchase one of the coding books from the scheme that you are registered with..
In that way you will be educating yourself and coding in accordance with the ones you are affiliated with

The irony of this thread (which I have only just read) is that the op wanted to code the clipping of the cables and was rightly lambasted for his decision
The coding of the cables would have been justified, had he picked up on "how" they have been clipped rather than "because" they were clipped

The bloke made a mistake, give him a break! Some of you guys are so smart a@#ed!
I would normally agree but to make a mistake on the simplest of issues warrant some of the responses. Especially if someone is paying him to do an accurate EICR. That customer deserves better.

Even I who likes to help rather than criticise think his understanding is shocking.

The guy doesn’t deserve a lynch mob though.

It was a simple question where he’s a little confused, a simple answer would suffice.... and maybe a couple of “agrees”...

Qualified or not, ongoing experience is a valuable asset

Well done Sherlock!
Who, apart from you even mentioned regulation 416??

I suggest you pay a little bit more attention before you go jumping in with silly comments

He does mention 4.16 in post #8.

Reply to Exposed T and E's during test. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock