Search the forum,

Discuss Future plans in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think most Scots are intelligent enough to know when a politician is giving them the run around, 58% in favour of remaining in the UK at the last poll taken.

I wonder how many of those polled were 16 or 17?

They get the vote for this and could easily be swayed by promises of gold now and in the future!

If the Scots vote to go alone, the Goverments of the remainder of the UK may well look very different for a very long time.
I can't see how it will work, I mean it cannot be named the UK anymore, and I reckon the welsh will follow as well, a complete break up within 20 years I would think.

To the OP if you want to aim for a particular field then go for it, doesnt mean anything else is excluded, I wish I had looked at industry growth areas that pay good money when i was finishing my apprenticeship getting in early really helps with career progression.

I know Salmond is full of bulls*!t, and that there's no certainty of what will happen if we go independent, but there is one thing that IS guaranteed....if we vote YES we will never again be ruled by a tory government.......that's gotta be worth a punt!

I can't see how it will work, I mean it cannot be named the UK anymore, and I reckon the welsh will follow as well, a complete break up within 20 years I would think.
And those of us who remain will be damned to spend the rest of our lives under a tory government. FTIO!

If the Scots vote to go alone, the Goverments of the remainder of the UK may well look very different for a very long time.

There's no such country as england anymore, its just known as Britain. Go to any supermarket and look in the refrigerated meats section you'll see meats marked as either Irish, Scottish, welsh or British. This country went to the dogs a long time ago...

There's no such country as england anymore, its just known as Britain. Go to any supermarket and look in the refrigerated meats section you'll see meats marked as either Irish, Scottish, welsh or British. This country went to the dogs a long time ago...

That's funny, went to the supermarket here over the weekend and by luck, found and bought ''English Cumberland Sausages'', and on the packaging, ....Made and packaged in England!! But i know what you're saying...

Maybe they only mark as English for the overseas markets. ...lol!!

thanks for all the replies (except GMES who clearly has nothing productive to say)

I have been looking into a few things for the future (personally I think its good to have a plan for the future). What do you think about the HNC? do you think the investment in time, pain and money is worth it (£4K)? I know the maths sound horrific but I was never that bad at maths and am willing to work at it. Do you think it would be more beneficial to go down the HNC/qualifications route or more go for hands on jobs/route e.g. DLR, setting up alone

thanks for all the replies (except GMES who clearly has nothing productive to say)

I have been looking into a few things for the future (personally I think its good to have a plan for the future). What do you think about the HNC? do you think the investment in time, pain and money is worth it (£4K)? I know the maths sound horrific but I was never that bad at maths and am willing to work at it. Do you think it would be more beneficial to go down the HNC/qualifications route or more go for hands on jobs/route e.g. DLR, setting up alone

Well.....what do YOU want to do?

I respect your direct question,but,to my knowledge,i have NEVER heard a self-made millionaire on a talk show say," yeh,it all started from a suggestion i got on a forum..." follow your heart and the money MAY arrive,or follow the money and take what travels with it...

Reply to Future plans in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock