Discuss Galvanised Conduit in house conduit factors in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

Chrishands

Hello.

i've got a brick wall in my conservatory and ive painted it a color but left the bricks on show, currently the electrics for s/o and lighting are in shoddy plastic off cuts of mini trunking and exposed bits of old twin and earth.

I was thinking of using Galvanised conduit and put it on show and make a feature of it, it should look nice because of the brick wall (i hope, maybe i'm mad)

I am trying to do my conduit factors, but cant find any factors for multicore cables, the one length of conduit will haver 9 singles and 1x twin and earth, i need to know factors so that i can appropriately select my conduit sizes.

can anyone direct me to the place i can find factors for both singles and multicore / flat cables.

Thanks,
Chris

Hello.

i've got a brick wall in my conservatory and ive painted it a color but left the bricks on show, currently the electrics for s/o and lighting are in shoddy plastic off cuts of mini trunking and exposed bits of old twin and earth.

I was thinking of using Galvanised conduit and put it on show and make a feature of it, it should look nice because of the brick wall (i hope, maybe i'm mad)

I am trying to do my conduit factors, but cant find any factors for multicore cables, the one length of conduit will haver 9 singles and 1x twin and earth, i need to know factors so that i can appropriately select my conduit sizes.

can anyone direct me to the place i can find factors for both singles and multicore / flat cables.

Thanks,
Chris

Don't know the answer to your question, but I would suggest black enamel would make a nicer feature than galv!

There are no conduit factors for insulated and sheathed cables as it is not a standard installation method. You will have to work it out for yourself i'm afraid.

Hello.

Thanks,
Chris

what size singles? what size T and E?

The flat twin cable should be treated as a circular cable that is the same diameter as the widest measurement of the flat cable. So for 2.5mm twin in 20mm conduit the max is one cable according to conduit factors. If you are asking how many 2.5mm twin you can actually fit in a 20mm conduit, the answer is two depending on length of run and bends.

The flat twin cable should be treated as a circular cable that is the same diameter as the widest measurement of the flat cable. So for 2.5mm twin in 20mm conduit the max is one cable according to conduit factors. If you are asking how many 2.5mm twin you can actually fit in a 20mm conduit, the answer is two depending on length of run and bends.

Hi thanks for reply, i Actually wanted to put 6 singles to switch witb 1x 1.5mmmsq in the same conduit. The 1.5 is power supply

6x 1.5mmsq singles ( 3x switch feed and return)
1x 1.5mmsq t+e existing supply to room for lighting circuit

T&E treated as I said in post#6, singles treated as per appx E from the OSG. Add together for final figure and reference against the appropriate conduit factor.

Or joint out the 1.5mm to singles before it enters the conduit and use appx E for singles only.

Or just stuff em all in.

or use some nice shiny galv. trunking. loads of room in 2 x 2 , and no sweating with pull through or bender.

T&E treated as I said in post#6, singles treated as per appx E from the OSG. Add together for final figure and reference against the appropriate conduit factor.

Or joint out the 1.5mm to singles before it enters the conduit and use appx E for singles only.

what do the regs say about mech protection? All cables in house run along tge top of tge wall set back into the brickwork witb a wooden cover due to concrete ceelings, I could joint there, but I hate joints where avoidable seems like bad practice

what do the regs say about mech protection? All cables in house run along tge top of tge wall set back into the brickwork witb a wooden cover due to concrete ceelings, I could joint there, but I hate joints where avoidable seems like bad practice

Well any joints would clearly need to be in an enclosure. If you were jointing at the start of a conduit run then a good idea for an enclosure would be a conduit box.
Not trying to be obvious, just not sure what you are asking.

Conduit runs with 2 or more 90 degree bends, should have a space factor not exceeding 40%!!

Reply to Galvanised Conduit in house conduit factors in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock