Currently reading:
Led spotlights

Discuss Led spotlights in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

hoppy

-
Reaction score
Hi Guys

looking to put some chrome LED spotlights in a kitchen, obviously they need to be fire rated.

Need about 10 lights, just wondered if anyone could recommend any. Also, iknow some led's don't give off much light can anyone recommend a certain bulb that is good and bright.

Cheers

Craig

anything 4watts and over, but most LED spots are a very "cold" light and mr. client may not like them. i suggest you get a couple of different ones ( warm white, cool white) on sale or return, see what the punter thinks of them.

Have installed Aurora fire rated ones, come with a 6watt warm white or cool white lamp which were pretty good for an LED, suppose to be the equivilant of 50w... but still cant beat a good old 50w GU10.

Might want to suggest they go for some pelmet lights also as a bit of supplemantry lighting...

Dont go for wilts plus range as I first did trying to save ££, they do one, JCC rebadged with a Megaman lamp - crap, ended up taking the lot out...

All the best,

Sy

Last edited:
seen some at electric center. complete fitting £38. guaranteed about 7 years. if it goes down you replace the whole fitting.

Hi ,
Just fitted a load of Halers. Excellent results, 3 LED (7.9W) giving equivalent to 50W halogen, and straight to mains connection.
Come in warm or cool white and a version that is dimmable as well.

Tad pricey though about £40 each for the non dimmable and add about £12 a unit for dimmable.

Cheers,
Lofty.

Aye halers are the best for output I have come across c,w driver attached
Just fitted a load of philips led stuff in a commercial job Inc down lights mega pricy but quality tackle tho

Hi,
FYI. The Halers are complete fittings. Just cut a 60-70mm hole and connect the supplied 2 core tails, yep they are class 2 rated, to the mains and job's a good 'un.
Fitted a load, 100+ in a residential complex and all the house managers loved them.

If you're replacing really old downlights they do converter plates as well.

Cheers,
Lofty.

I used regular GU10 downloghters with the fireproof sheilds on then the Phillips GU10 7watt 'warm white' lamp. I thought they were brighter then the GU10s! Phillips reckon they will pay for themselves in a year if they are used for 35 hours a week in energy saving alone!

I've just had a call from a guy I replaced about 25 lv lamps for , for gu10 led in august .He has replaced 4 already and there are another 2 out .quite rightly hes asked me to replace them but he wants the lv back and i'vedumped all the transformers so its gona cost me.told him i'll replace all lamps and try again but either way i aint gona get paid and if the led dont last i will have to replace them with lv.
just letting every1 know as i sold them to him as a way to save money and stop having to replace those lv lamps and its backfired bigtime.I still like led tho.

Hi

I have been buying really good led lamps from a website called www.homewatt.co.uk. They have many different types, but the best ones are the smd type which do look a bit different from most makes available in the wholesalers as there are twenty or so tiny leds surface mounted with no glass lense, but have a resin seal. They are only available via the website, but the 5W gu10 or mr16 are exact same size as the standard ones, and produce a warm light. i cant recommend them enough as ive tried loads of other types and these are by far the best. £20 each though.

cheers

Last edited:
I've just had a call from a guy I replaced about 25 lv lamps for , for gu10 led in august .He has replaced 4 already and there are another 2 out .quite rightly hes asked me to replace them but he wants the lv back and i'vedumped all the transformers so its gona cost me.told him i'll replace all lamps and try again but either way i aint gona get paid and if the led dont last i will have to replace them with lv.
just letting every1 know as i sold them to him as a way to save money and stop having to replace those lv lamps and its backfired bigtime.I still like led tho.

Just wondering what make of LED lamp that would be.....?

Thanku,

Sy

Halers for me just superb for bathrooms as they are IP rated if im not miskaen the halers are made by Stratus lighting or they are part of the same group

Hi,

take a look at yourwelcome.co.uk their range is growing all the time, speak to them as they have a brand new range of LED's coming out.

And no I don't work for them, just find them really helpful and very good quality...

Hi,
As per Nick's post. The Halers for me as well plus they come with a 7 year no quibble warranty, though not had to use it yet !!.
got some Halers to swap out would you believe as cust say's too bright so going for the Halers dimmable version, will work on any 'standard' dimmer.

Cheers,
Lofty.

CEF says it all, i would never buy any of their own brand stuff in a million years ,Everything they sell is Garbage, centaur ,proteus, Itec
Doncaster cables .

Take the lot back to CEF , throw them at them and demand they supply you with replacements of a higher quality OR pay for your time and materials to replace them all with the Low voltage they had before.

Nick

Halers for me just superb for bathrooms as they are IP rated if im not miskaen the halers are made by Stratus lighting or they are part of the same group

Halers 7w led GU10 lamps are made by philips (it says on the actual lamps). Are these lamps the same as the all in one unit halers or do they give less light?

Got a big job coming up and they want led downlighters all over. Wheres the cheapest place to get them

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Led spotlights in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back