Stroma Certification Scheme Part P with Stroma

Currently reading:
Stroma Certification Scheme Part P with Stroma

Discuss Part P with Stroma in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

A reply to the enquiry would help.
"The man who deals with it is not in the office today", eh??
They subcontract the CPS out to a company called Greenstar.
Greenstar are a training company.
Need I go on??

Most customers dont care who you are registered with they just want the best possible price and to know its legal. Its only on commercial work where NIC is often specified or on some builders specifications but mostly it is not a problem so if your work does not call for the ego of NIC high prices go for the most economical available. Lets face it when people have technical problems or queries they come on this site for the answer first before contacting their Part P partner. lol

Another email from them, nothing for weeks then 2 in one day....apparently they have had technical issues but will be up and running again by the end of next week.
Looks like Elecsa are getting my money, bit more expensive but at least they have a structure and a reputation amongst the industry

I was with Corgi for gas and elec, the elec part p scheme. I was inspected once in 5 years !

Looking to join Elecsa after completing my 17th edition course.

It now appears that my name has made it onto Stroma's mailing list (yipee more junk in my inbox)
I got an email from them this afternoon advising that owing to the volume of applicants to their CPS and MCS they are restricting membership till 1st quarter 2012 to only those who want to join both schemes.
As previously stated, what a bunch of jokers

I've been looking at Stroma for a while. I have rang them and they quickly sent out an online package to join them. They cost £245 (plus vat), so about £300. certs cost £1.50 if done by computer, £2.50 by post. I think it is then £300 p/year (inc VAT)

They offer a free technical support line as do the others, but as said before this site works well as that.

I am very new to electrics, but will join with Stroma as they are the cheapest and will make me legal. None of my friends/family have heard of Nic and the only thing a customer seems concerned with is if you are legal and insured.

Hope this helps a little even though I realise the thread is a little old!

You have to ask if Stroma can get away with "only" charging £245 + VAT, why are the others so much more??

Scheme membership could even get cheaper!

Hello
Could I please have a list of all companies that do part p, also i have noticed that
ELECSA state 2391, I have all my qualifications and 17th edition but not 2391.
Working for a company now after being hit hard in the recession but now feel its time to go it alone again.

Any advice would be nice.

Thanks

Alex

Hello
Could I please have a list of all companies that do part p, also i have noticed that
ELECSA state 2391, I have all my qualifications and 17th edition but not 2391.
Working for a company now after being hit hard in the recession but now feel its time to go it alone again.

Any advice would be nice.

Thanks

Alex
Elecsa generally require just 17th edition C&G 2382, if you are unsure contact them, they are helpful (they want your money).
If you are competent then the assessment is not hard and you do get the chance to correct mistakes.
I think napit want the 2391 within 12 months of registration, they used to do there own internal course (worthless but for registration) but I am not sure now the 2391 is 2394 and 2395.

These are the available Competent person schemes
Ascertiva Group Limited
NICEIC
www.ascertiva.com
01582 531

Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors (Certification) Limited
APHC
www.competentpersonsscheme.co.uk
0121 711 5030
Benchmark Certification Limited
Benchmark
Defined scope only
www.benchmark-cert.co.uk
0238 051 7069

British Standards Institution
BSI
www.kitemark.com
01442 278 607
Full scope only

Building Engineering Services Competence Assessment Limited
BESCA
www.besca.org.uk
0800 652 5533

ECA Certification Limited
ELECSA
www.elecsa.co.uk
0845 634 9043

NAPIT Registration Limited
NAPIT
www.napit.org.uk
0845 543 0330

Stroma Certification Limited
STROMA
www.stroma.com
0845 621 1111

Good luck!

Sorry for the delay, I will start of small perhaps go with Stroma to stay legal, are people finding it easy or hard to find work in there spare time. I now the NIC is the best but once work picks up you can jump ship.
Also i have seen Corgi do electrical certificates.

Best Regards

Alex

Alex Nic is far from the best, I'll give you that they are the best known but their reputation in the industry is getting lower every day, largely due to their own actions and the way they purport to be THE industry regulatory body

I would second Trevs comments. They are the best at removing moolah from your pocket.

But have the advantage of a killer logo, and a 50 odd year monopoly (historically).

I am no fan of the NICEIC however I was with Elecsa at the begining when Part P came in, it did cost me work, landlords, surveyors and insurance companies often state PIR's or other work must be by an NICEIC electrician or NICEIC Approved contractor (very few mention part p!). I have been an A/C for four years and havent had any problems to be honest, the main advantage at the end of the day is the logo, lets be honest if you want to get on and be taken seriously by joe public and others you need to be an approved contractor, we all see at the wholesalers that the local rusty van jobbing kitchen fitter/odd job man/etc etc is nearly always registered with Elecsa, just my observation. Napit are a serious alternative, however as said not well recognised by anyone outside the industry.

Just my opinion.

I have just had my assessment!!

The chap from Stroma was here ALL day and VERY thorough! Gave me an absolute grilling!!!

I failed :icon9:...... however, only because I did not have a complaints procedure in place, did not have the up to date BS7671 (I had the red one) and did not have a cal card/test box to check my tester. He was happy with everything else, and said he will pass me when I send in a picture of those 3 things.

It was exhausting and I'm glad its over!!

It cost £294 (total cost).

Thankyou to everyone who has given me advice over the past year.

Cheers all :)

So it's not a proper fail, you'll be good to go once you send him a few photos which, if we're honest, could come from anywhere.
I've yet to hear about a proper fail as in "you're dangerous and should never be let loose near electricity as long as you have a hole in your butt"

Reply to Part P with Stroma in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock