Discuss Problems installing lights in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello,
So i have this light hps 400 Watt, that i took from a selling place on a cheap price.
But im facing problems installing it.
Its faelluce jet1 ip55 E 40Problems installing lights image - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited by a moderator:
The three core may have gone to a daylight sensor with the two core probably the supply. To be honest they don't appear to be in good condition the casing for the choke is cracked.

The three core may have gone to a daylight sensor with the two core probably the supply. To be honest they don't appear to be in good condition the casing for the choke is cracked.

Good spot!
Words.

Not so sure it is a 3core, think someone has bodged it and sleeved the cpc black!
Possibly but cable is different as it has a brown core, the supply cable being black (live) and blue (neutral). There idea appear although difficult to see two bare cpcs within the fitting.

as it has a brown core,
All the twin and earth we use has a brown core!
Difficult to tell on a small phone screen but where cable is stripped, it looks oval(ish) like a T&E cable.
Quite frankly it looks junk, the sort of thing we'd throw in a skip in an instant! Especially with more efficient LED alternatives available.

All the twin and earth we use has a brown core!
Difficult to tell on a small phone screen but where cable is stripped, it looks oval(ish) like a T&E cable.
Quite frankly it looks junk, the sort of thing we'd throw in a skip in an instant! Especially with more efficient LED alternatives available.
He is in Italy not the UK. Italy I believe used black as line and blue for neutral.

The whole lot is poorly wired and in not good condition. I seem to recall the glass reinforced resin(?) coating on this type of choke does crack without ill effect. I don't know what the bare wires twisted about are for, or why one end appears to be poked into one of the screw terminals. I get the feeling the bare wires are actually a ---- poor attempt at securing the choke to the gear tray, though looking at the quality of the wiring I shouldn't expect anything better. The choke needs to be properly fixed to the gear tray, with nuts and bolts.

I believe the 3core cable is not required and may have once fed something else. The fitting must be properly earthed. All the wiring will need to be replaced to fit an earthed supply cable anyway. The wiring diagram appears to be on the choke, and may also be on the black box which if it is an ignitor, this should also be secured to the gear tray. Just follow those.

You will need to trace the wiring and connect the supply properly before even thinking about powering it up.

Not so sure it is a 3core, think someone has bodged it and sleeved the cpc black!

It's 3 core flex....and it all wants binning.
Love that means of earthing...…..or is it just a tie up job holding it all together? :) :rolleyes:

Reply to Problems installing lights in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock