Currently reading:
Tell us about your faults!

Discuss Tell us about your faults! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kung

Hi ALL
Just thought id put this one up for all those faults we find.
heres one to kick it off !
Domestic RCD tripped and wouldnt reset cause was a blown low energy light bulb.:D
There you go now for yours !

Unfortunately he is not registered with any bodies, otherwise I would, he is same ss me, a kitchen fitter. Only difference is one of us takes electrical work very seriously the other does not. Today he even had the cheek to say he may bill the customer for tidying the job up, this sort of thing is what quite rightly gets kitchen fitters a bad Nans. Needless to say, I have corrected everything , and will not take pñ anymore work from him. Ive done two AMD thats enough, dont want to be pulled under with him

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Not my fault but spotted in the local Harvester type place a month ago and still hasn't been repaired, hidden under some play matting in the childrens area...

View attachment 12916

Apparently the maintenance team are 'aware' of it... Quick email to their head office I think.
Apparently this has been sorted now, best go down to have a look.

Re: Tell us about your faults !

I a similar problem, but at 3am on a call out. The tenant had no power, so I attended and went through the routine of turning the circuits on one by one, then all the others things, you like appliances. But this one circuit would not go back on, well I finally found it a slug inside a double socket across the live and earth. Removed all power back on. Would they believe me the next day. NO

Room stat.jpg
Fault I logged on an EICR yesterday, the room stat cable left the airing cupboard in 3core and earth and ended up at the room stat in 2 pair telephone cable. I couldn't get a dial tone though.......

1f50d0f5.jpg

2040c29b.jpg

50mm 4 core SWA feeding a 3ph DB not even glanded into the bottom of the fuse panel supplying it, earth continuity to the DB via the tenby clamp. Not to mention the neutral that was extended by bolting another piece of cable to it.

Why do people install things like this??? It would have probably been quicker to just do it correctly in the first place.

Not my fault... Was in screwfix perusing the catalogue, when I overhear a little old lady ask " IP4X, what does that mean?" And a mans voice replied " it is to do with the type of bulb it takes I think" I turned round to see who it was she wad talking to and it was one of the electrafix staff !! How reassuring

Not my fault... Was in screwfix perusing the catalogue, when I overhear a little old lady ask " IP4X, what does that mean?" And a mans voice replied " it is to do with the type of bulb it takes I think" I turned round to see who it was she wad talking to and it was one of the electrafix staff !! How reassuring

Same company that owns the big orange shed, that explains a lot...

Only bonus is that the local screwfix branch knows me so I don't have to do that 1p card thing on the click and collect.

1p card thing wassat? I even stood behind some woman few months ago in scrrwfix who wanted cooker cable, the counter woman was looking at the catalogue saying you probably need some kind of flat cable for That. I asked her if she had any info on cooker but it was at home, so told her to go get it and then pop into qvs elec supplies few doors down and they would sort her out.makes you wonder how many people get " advised " like this

Last edited:
5ad8f950-9278-ecd7.jpg
Following on from post 919, same job same guy I found this on boiler cupboard with cables running tightly against central heating pipes behind boxing in. Is last job I do for John Wayne inc .

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342476798757.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 337
Hi frnds my main fault is I am lazy. I can't do work very quickly. I think it is my fault of my life. What you think frndz. Can it be a great problem in my life? How can I recover this?

Rcd tripping out when supply to porter cabin mcb turned on! Ins res test between all conductors clear, disconnected all cpc's in cabin board and tripping stops, turns out the swa was damaged live to armouring, only the cabin side of the swa had the swa bonded to earth, fault current found a path bk to the cabin to the bonded metal socket ko box's making its way to the earth terminal in the board on to the 6mm earth bond on the bango and back to the supply db tripping the 30ma rcd!!!
To resolve this as the live now was common with the armour, the live had to become the earth and be taped up green yellow and the earth be taped up brown. quick fix i know but only a temp fix :)

3.3 KV motor ran by induction regulator, was told the motor was arcing up a storm!
Proceeded to open up the motor and look inside, all new brushes had chipped and broken away, creating a wavy commutator, where the brushes lie, leaving about 2-3 mm difference along the comm, sent away to re skimmed.

The picture in question the motor stands about 8-10 feet tall.

3.jpg

during my college years, i accidentally enter to a wrong classroom, listen to the class and took a quiz.... when I passed my paper, the instructor asked me "Hi are you my student?" hahahaha oh my God only to find out i enter the seniors class... :rofl:

Reply to Tell us about your faults! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock