• Thread starter dan86
  • Start date
  • Replies 162
  • Views 11K

Currently reading:
touchy subject

Discuss touchy subject in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dan86

well, not really sure why I'm posting this, but hey ho. I trust we're all adult enough that I won't get the urine extracted from me!

so the story- it's been happening for about 4/5 years now, about 4 or 5 times a year, and usually comes and goes in the same day. usually very painful.
basically, my balls! yesterday when I woke up I had this pain in my --------. A Lot more painful than usual to the point that I could hardly move. It never swells up or anything like that but just aches. It was the worst it's ever been yesterday and only properly went away this morning.the only thing I could do last night to ease the pain was to have a hot bath.
anyway, went to docs this afternoon and he has referred me to a neurologist marked as urgent.
safe to say I'm cacking it slightly now. probably wait a good 6 weeks for an appt as well.
any of you guys ever experience anything like this? The only pain I can liken it to is being kicked in the nuts.

Yes, and you have done the correct thing, getting to the docs....mine turn out to be a hernia, so there is a number of things it could be. It can be worrying, but think possitive, and let the guys do their job

You'll only wait 6 to 8 weeks if there's nothing serious to report that needs dealing with urgently. It could be anything, hernia, torsion (where one of them gets twisted) but not being a medic I'm not going to comment further except to say that it's probably nothing serious. You've done the right thing getting it checked out.
Now that we have the sensible bit out of the way can we start with the infantile name calling and vicious p taking?

Is it definately your nuts...? As im, it could quite possibly be what is called "referred pain"

(When I did it it felt like hot boiling water inside) - it was sore but then I got nissed with mates, pain gone, went to sleep.

woke up at 3am and wept with pain.

Anyway it stayed for 2 years, I had a herniagram (controlled stabbing of the stomach cavity then filled with dye and xrayed). Ended up having a double inguinal hernia op booked....and then it disappeared :whatchutalkingabout

So it might not be your ballons, it might be something else you've ripped pressing on the nerves that service your man vegetables

You'll only wait 6 to 8 weeks if there's nothing serious to report that needs dealing with urgently. It could be anything, hernia, torsion (where one of them gets twisted) but not being a medic I'm not going to comment further except to say that it's probably nothing serious. You've done the right thing getting it checked out.
Now that we have the sensible bit out of the way can we start with the infantile name calling and vicious p taking?

i already did in post#3. tell you what. dan's surely got balls to post this thread

cheers guys. I'm all for taking the pi** outa somebody, but honestly, I wouldn't for something like this! not until I knew it was nothing serious

cheers Marvo. probably won't have any news for a while till after I see neurologist, but wouldn't be surprised if it happens again in the interim

I once got stung on my todger by a Bee, I went to the doctors and asked if he could cure the pain, but leave the swelling.Boom Boom

Hope you get it sorted sir.
Most blokes (myself included) tend to ignore things that perhaps we should go and get checked out until they are past the 'niggling' point. Also, you can't get appointments with your GP for weeks by which time it's too late. If you make an emergency appointment, it's a lucky dip as to who you'll get and, apart from 1 that I remember in the last few years, seem to treat you like a customer at a 'drive thru' restaurant!

Well I called up first thing this morning when they opened and got the usual no appointments left for today spiel. well I need an emergency appt then was my response. We can fit you in at 14.50 if that's ok. fools!

Dan good for you get it checked probably nothing more than too much self abuse I'm sure you'll be fine. When the doc asks you to drop your trousers tell him that's rather forward and you'd rather start with a drink and a nice meal first.
If he cups them in his hand and asks any problem in the performance department just look him in the eye and say "well I could make your eyes water mate"!
Best of luck

I had a hernia operation when I was 17 (after working my nuts off the previous summer on a caravan site near Heysham). They fixed it good and proper... a bit too proper. For years afterwards - 10, 15 years we're talking - I used to get really serious ball ache (same side as my hernia). No swelling, just felt like someone had kicked me in the nuts. Made my teeth ache, sometimes, it was so bad. Every couple of years I'd go to the doc and say, "Seriously, is this normal?!?" He/she'd say, "Yes, when they fix a hernia, they basically have to tie a knot in it. They do it good and tight so it won't happen again. Unfortunately, that can mean sometimes it pulls on other bits of your body, including your --------." Could happen at any time, but was most likely to occur when... let's just say, I was in an "amourous situation." Now, lads, can you imagine a bigger turn-off than the pain you get when you've been kicked in the nads? Cos I can't! Thankfully, last few years, seems to have "eased up a bit."

You're dead right to go to the docs, good on you. I cheerfully ignored a lump on my neck for a month, late '98, until my mum nagged me about it when I saw her at Christmas. Saw the doc in January, got referred, wait, biopsy, wait... 4 weeks later I was starting my first of 3 cycles of chemo, followed (5 months later) by a month of radiotherapy. So yeah, glad I went when I did!

Best of luck to you, chap.

I had a hernia operation when I was 17 (after working my nuts off the previous summer on a caravan site near Heysham). They fixed it good and proper... a bit too proper. For years afterwards - 10, 15 years we're talking - I used to get really serious ball ache (same side as my hernia). No swelling, just felt like someone had kicked me in the nuts. Made my teeth ache, sometimes, it was so bad. Every couple of years I'd go to the doc and say, "Seriously, is this normal?!?" He/she'd say, "Yes, when they fix a hernia, they basically have to tie a knot in it. They do it good and tight so it won't happen again. Unfortunately, that can mean sometimes it pulls on other bits of your body, including your --------." Could happen at any time, but was most likely to occur when... let's just say, I was in an "amourous situation." Now, lads, can you imagine a bigger turn-off than the pain you get when you've been kicked in the nads? Cos I can't! Thankfully, last few years, seems to have "eased up a bit."

You're dead right to go to the docs, good on you. I cheerfully ignored a lump on my neck for a month, late '98, until my mum nagged me about it when I saw her at Christmas. Saw the doc in January, got referred, wait, biopsy, wait... 4 weeks later I was starting my first of 3 cycles of chemo, followed (5 months later) by a month of radiotherapy. So yeah, glad I went when I did!

another thing with the lumps, if a dog keeps trying to bite it then its probably cancerous, I read an article about it a while ago that dogs can apparently smell it

another thing with the lumps, if a dog keeps trying to bite it then its probably cancerous, I read an article about it a while ago that dogs can apparently smell it
Glad I never got too close to any dogs then. Cancer they could fix... not sure where I'd've stood with a ripped throat! :)

Not ball related (I hope!) but I'm off for an MRI this morning to get answers to a 20+ year old problem....that I could possibly have gotten sorted out 20+ years ago. You've done absolutely the right thing, and top kudos also for having the balls to talk about it - many men don't and it's one of our biggest failings.

dan, thats (above) what I meant when i said referred pain - it might NOT actually be yer nads that are the problem, just something else has happened thats pressing on yer 'nad-nerves' :)

was a case reported on tV the other week. lady's dog kept whining and nuzzling her breast. she went to doctor who found she had a breast cancer . after successful surgery, the dog's behaviour returned to normal.

Thanks for not taking the pi** too much guys and also the good luck etc. At this stage I'm trying not to think about it as much as I can. I'm a firm believer in not worrying about anything if I can't change it. I wasn't gonna go to docs but after it happening for more than 4 years and 3 people in my family having testicular torsion, thought it best on the safe side and get it checked out.
I will of course let you all know what the outcome is. not really sure why I posted it here. guess I just needed to get it off my chest..?
anyway, in the meantime- best of luck for today Rockingit. let us know how you get on ☺

Reply to touchy subject in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock