Search the forum,

Discuss 17th edition electrician signing off work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi im new to this forum and was wondering how i go about signing off work such as re-wires and consumer unit changes. I'm a 17th edition electrician with my time just out a year ago what steps do i have to take because i want to work for myself as i have been offered alot of work where it requires me to sign it off. thanks

you will need to join a scam. elecsa are the favorite.

no part p in scotland. different rules rhere. oldtimer or mogga will be better placed to advise.

When you apply to one of the Part P scheme providers they will set out what you need to do. They will be looking for up to date qualifications, public liability insurance and they will of course ask you for money!

Try googling a couple, Napit, Elesca, NICEIC. They will most likely have the info you need on their site.

Best of luck.

EDITED

forget what Ive just said. the post above is right:smiley2:

Last edited:
As tel says. I am not familiar with the rules in Scotland either. Irrespective of the work you do, it must all be Inspected, Tested and, Certified as compliant in accordance with the wiring regs anyway. So you should be signing your own work off, whether it is a new installation or an addition to an existing one, these require either a Minor works certificate, or an Electrical Installation certificate, depending on the type of work. I am fairly sure that this will apply in Scotland.

Cheers..........Howard

as howard ^^^^ said, the same rules as regards certification apply in scotland, but forget part p. the organisation in scotland is select, but i'm not sure if scottish building control require you to be a member.

No scheme's needed, all they want is copy of grade card and calibration cert with eic (depending on area). I'm not sure if they accept it unless your an approved electrician though. Best bet is speak to the building control officer as they all have their own rules/backhanders...

Hi im new to this forum and was wondering how i go about signing off work such as re-wires and consumer unit changes. I'm a 17th edition electrician with my time just out a year ago what steps do i have to take because i want to work for myself as i have been offered alot of work where it requires me to sign it off. thanks
f**k off ......your a 5 week wunda who thought he made it `caus he got an on line guess right.....get out!!....

Reply to 17th edition electrician signing off work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back