Search the forum,

Discuss Any advice on increasing 4 inch extraction hole to 6 inch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All

As above need to core drill wall. Client wants to increase extraction hole size, any tips for going about this. For what's it's worth I use a marcrist cutter. I would usually use the smaller one as a guide but cannot attach both for this purpose. Thanks

I have in the past used a piece of ply screwed to the wall with the larger size hole already cut in it as a template, once the cutter is in the brickwork it will usually guide itself and the ply can be removed. I have had to leave the ply in place before if the wall is particularly carp.
Sy

Hi All

As above need to core drill wall. Client wants to increase extraction hole size, any tips for going about this. For what's it's worth I use a marcrist cutter. I would usually use the smaller one as a guide but cannot attach both for this purpose. Thanks
If you don't need to centre on the original hole you could try what I do, start with the 6in core drill resting on the lower edge of the hole and carefully bring up to vertical as it starts to bite, or get some 1/2in ply (or some such), cut a 6in hole, screw it to the wall around the existing hole and use it as a guide.

Reply to Any advice on increasing 4 inch extraction hole to 6 inch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back