Search the forum,

Discuss Bedroom lights without earths in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Now I understand. That makes sense. I had some dreadful wetpants. Ha I shall remember that. They were wet peasants ahh ha ha
Noooooo not Wetpeasants!....wetpants......they certainly ain’t peasants the money they charge ? although I’d love to be there when you jokingly call one a peasant whilst he’s attempting to save ya house ?

Will they accept the report. Or would they need to retest? I think it might prove more expensive and time confusing

There is no requirement to get a second report done.

You have ordered and paid for the report. once you have it, it is done for the next 5 years.
However any dangerous faults MUST BE FIXED.
the person doing the repairs etc. should provide you with an invoice, a minor works certificate or an installation report to keep hold of so you can prove if you are ever asked to that the repairs have been done.

I've come across several landlords that have paid for an EICR to be done, only to be told that there is a lot of remedial work before it is issued. In a couple of cases, the report was not even drafted, and half the tests not actually done. I would be suspicious of being asked to pay for remedial work before you can have a copy of the report.

Once you have the report, you can decide whether to use the original electrician or someone else to rectify the issues. You should not have to pay to have a second complete report done.

Noooooo not Wetpeasants!....wetpants......they certainly ain’t peasants the money they charge ? although I’d love to be there when you jokingly call one a peasant whilst he’s attempting to save ya house ?
The majority of plumbers I have had have been fine though as you say they charge high prices. But I had some lousy ones and it makes sense that in the absolute mayhem they created that they managed to screw up the clamp

The majority of plumbers I have had have been fine though as you say they charge high prices. But I had some lousy ones and it makes sense that in the absolute mayhem they created that they managed to screw up the clamp
Hence our endearing term (honestly) of wetpants......I’ve no idea what they call us although my tame wetpants genuinely believes that electricity is all “ white magic” ?

I've come across several landlords that have paid for an EICR to be done, only to be told that there is a lot of remedial work before it is issued. In a couple of cases, the report was not even drafted, and half the tests not actually done. I would be suspicious of being asked to pay for remedial work before you can have a copy of the report.

Once you have the report, you can decide whether to use the original electrician or someone else to rectify the issues. You should not have to pay to have a second complete report done.
But I will need the report with details of everything being okay. I have to give this to the tenants

What are roofers. Is this Northern terminology. I am in Cornwall
As a carpenter originally I point out to em that they are just failed carpenters....as historically roofing was a chippies job......they generally through slates etc at me at that point ?
Northern terminology?.....my feet get wet in the channel if I walk 5 minutes south ?

But I will need the report with details of everything being okay. I have to give this to the tenants
Not correct,
you need to provide the Tennant’s with a report
That is now a legal requirement

If there are dangerous faults listed in the report, you have to get work or further investigation started on that within a month.

So if the electrician is withholding the report, it is there fault that you have no report for the Tennant’s, you have paid for it, you should receive it.

A circuit protective conductor shall be run to and terminated at each point in wiring and at each accessory except a lampholder having no exposed-conductive-parts and suspended from such a point
Is a plastic rose attached to the ceiling okay or does it need to be a light fitting with the bulb enclosed? My problem is it will be problematic to access the loft.

Not correct,
you need to provide the Tennant’s with a report
That is now a legal requirement

If there are dangerous faults listed in the report, you have to get work or further investigation started on that within a month.

So if the electrician is withholding the report, it is there fault that you have no report for the Tennant’s, you have paid for it, you should receive it.
Thank you that's helpful

Is a plastic rose attached to the ceiling okay or does it need to be a light fitting with the bulb enclosed? My problem is it will be problematic to access the loft.

Surely at some point you will need to get in the loft. And if the key is lost then why not get the sparky, or a local handyman(when he is there securing the trunking), to fit a new lock?

I wouldn't knacker the chances of getting a safe electrical system for the sake of a lost loft hatch key.

Last edited:
Thank you that's helpful
James I am
Surely at some point you will need to get in the loft. And if the key is lost then why not get the sparky, or a local handyman(when he is there securing the trunking), to fit a new lock?

I wouldn't knackered the chances of getting a safe electrical system for the sake of a lost loft hatch key.
It's not so much the key as I do have it, it's just identifying it. It's more the case that the loft is absolutely choker with stuff. Choker.

It's not so much the key as I do have it, it's just identifying it. It's more the case that the loft is absolutely choker with stuff. Choker.
That's not great, is the loft space designed to take the weight of it being full of stuff? It's not normal for a rented property to have the loft filled with the landlords stuff.

Reply to Bedroom lights without earths in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock