Currently reading:
Big news for the industry

Discuss Big news for the industry in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

ricardo123

Just heard the news, from the 1st July 2011 only NVQ Level 3 holders will be allowed to register as a qualified supervisor. Looks like the end of the 4-6 week trained electrician. Thoughts anyone!?

Guess there will be a rush of people getting on a 4 week course before the deadline!!!

Secondly I wonder how this will effect Part P registered individuals when they come to renew their membership and they don't have an NVQ Level 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not one of these' 4week wonders' I have 2360/1 -1987,2360/2-2007,2391-2007 and plenty of on site experiance the domestic electrician route was the only way I could be recognized as an electrician and hopefully give me enough work to obtain nvq3 and then be able to apply for industrial/commercial work which I am good at.
I have been putting off registering part p as was waiting for 17th update which I now have
I am now waiting for the green 17th eddition to be published in June as I don't want to have to buy it again after registering.

I wonder how many people will wait until the new book comes out in June then rush to get signed up.

thekingami...

Ive already asked this question a few times on the forum, but I havent been given an answer yet.

Perhaps you could help?

My question is....what is the difference between having 2360/1 and 2360/2 and a NVQ3?

It might be an ignorant question. Just looking for an answer though.

Ive got 13 years experience as an electrician, 2360/1, 2360/2, AM1, 16th edition, 17th edition, 2391.

I haven't worked in the trade for the last 10 years (ive been playing in the mud), just want to know what the score is with the qualifications I have, and the need for NVQ3?

Thanks in advance.

Edit.............

also, are you JiB? if so, did you train with a JiB company? Please let me know your experience with this.

Thankyou.

Simon.

SBM

As you already know:

2360 1 & 2 are City and Guilds papers.

2361 consisted of: Written , Assignments and Course work assessment.

2362 consisted of: First Written, Second Written and Course work assessment.

NVQ is an award based on practical assessments on site "I think"

Cheers Tonys.

Okay.

So with my 13 years, and the qualifications I have, then I don't need a NVQ3?

Sorry for being a-bit fick innit.

I think if another obstical is put in my way from becoming a qualified spark I will just say the hell with it and just become a cowboy like the ones on rogue traders there are still plenty of people out there that either have not been informed of part p or just want the job done as cheaply as possible.
Ok I may get into trouble with the law in the future but as long as my work is up to standards and until definitions state that a 'competant'worker can only be someone who pays alot to some ****in fake trade union who in turn pays some candidate for government.

Where is my monney I spent on all my training I want the eca to pay it to me back as believe that if they can change the rules while people are training then they should be responsible for recompense if that learner decides that it is not possible to carry on his training As either cannot aford the new provisions or is unable to complete the new provisions as the economic climate has deemed this unapropriate.
These ****ers are getting rich while poor sods like me are on the dole and strugling to pay for whatever course they want to think of next sat onthere fat arses in some cozy office tring to generate money

rant away old bean.

an attempt to answer me questions directed at you would have been nice though.

good luck.

(listening produces winners).

Cheers Tonys.

Okay.

So with my 13 years, and the qualifications I have, then I don't need a NVQ3?

Sorry for being a-bit fick innit.[/QUOTE

As far as I know the jib decides depending if the sun is out that day or not,
I doubt if you will have any problems ,although it has been known.
They require proof of apprentiships (jib favoured) proof of competance from another member of jib etc.
My last grade was 'senior graded trainee' as no nvq3 and working for my father over the years on ships abroad didn't help.
Got a family of my own and my father is retiring so need my cards properly in this country.
As far as I can see so far I need a job as a mate before I can apply for a nvq3 wich I need to do before they include a am2 test which will cost more and also apply for a registered body for domestics before June before I need nvq3 which I might need anyway in the future.
Also buy new green book as will probably be needed obtain jib card that has ran out.

SMB

Get out there and get a job and enjoy yourself, if I never had a JIB ticket, I wouldn't be any worse at the moment I don't think. There's a shortage of work, that's the real problem, the country is shagged. You would not get me doing an NVQ3 at 43 years of age.

thekingiam

Your right about the FEELOADERS, that's why you should just do what you have too. We do not live in a fair society, that's a fact. This country is becoming full of non-productive people who want money for talking bullbags to us.

I do not need someone standing in a classroom telling me how to read a regs book, stuff the tutors, stuff the colleges and stuff the training centers. When they get back to teaching for the reasons to teach rather than ripping the ---- out of us for money, then Ill show a bit more respect.

17th Edition, its all about the strike rate, nothing else, your pass, your pass, what about teaching me something, no, your pass, your pass lol

This wouldn't be so bad for me if they were not Changing the NVQ3 rules cause Im not employed in the industry or have the money to waste on the NVQ3 when there is a chance of not getting any electrical work within the time period.

And if it is the case that I would now also have to do the AM2 to be able to do the NVQ3 then im not gonna bother cause im not gonna spend another 800 quid for an AM2 Qual thats useless cause it's the NVQ3 that you need to become a JIB spark. hopefully by the end of June I will have the 2330/17th Edition/2392 and 2391 under my belt. But now that C&G have moved the goal posts AGAIN it's going to be even harder for me to gain the Gold Card.

Yep, Delhi is nice this time of year.

Its difficult. I don't have any answers. Im glad I live in Britain, im proud to be English, however, the work situation is a problem.

England has caused its own problems. It doesnt take too much to work out what I mean.

This wouldn't be so bad for me if they were not Changing the NVQ3 rules cause Im not employed in the industry or have the money to waste on the NVQ3 when there is a chance of not getting any electrical work within the time period.

And if it is the case that I would now also have to do the AM2 to be able to do the NVQ3 then im not gonna bother cause im not gonna spend another 800 quid for an AM2 Qual thats useless cause it's the NVQ3 that you need to become a JIB spark. hopefully by the end of June I will have the 2330/17th Edition/2392 and 2391 under my belt. But now that C&G have moved the goal posts AGAIN it's going to be even harder for me to gain the Gold Card.

What you need the AM2 to complete the NVQ3?

Well a few people on here have said that under the New 2357 Qualification you can not do the NVQ3 part without doing the AM2

Don't know about that mate, but the description of the course as the NVQ within, not seperate like the 2330 thingy?

Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Elecrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment) 2357-13 / 91

Well a few people on here have said that under the New 2357 Qualification you can not do the NVQ3 part without doing the AM2

All training providers for nvq3 are saying you need to apply for nvq before am2 requirements come into force you then have up to 3years to pass however you have to be working in the industry before you can apply.
am2 currently about 500 quid so will cost a fortune for nvq in the future.
So if there's a requirement for nvq in the future to update your part p registration it's going to cost.
It seems to me you are going to pay 3 times for the same thing which is having someone checking that you are capable of doing the job.1 am2 practical test,2 portfollio and site visit,3 domestic installers inspected and reveiwed yearly.
Also eca health and safety certificate,jib card every 2 years
Why bother doing any qualifications such as 2391 at all if it is not going to be recognized as competence.
Why bother doing any practical tests at all or health and safety while undergoing your main qualifications as this is only repeated when you leave college.
No one I know believes me when I tell them that I have to pay another body before I can become known legaly as an electrician.
This industry has become a joke!
Years ago all you needed was 2 year 2360 am2 and maybe if lucky apprentiship talk about going around in circles.
There's people in college now studying hard and not expecting there employer(who may not service this recetion to pay for these new requirements)

So if you want to be domestic installer and no nvq

Hi i I'm still confused
i have 2330 L2 + L3 and 2392 been in the trade for about seven years i now just about to try self employed but i now have to get my nvq l3 before i can?

Uh yes basicly unless you apply before June. they might insist you complete nvq before retesting in a years time if so new nvq requirements would have kicked in and you would also have to take am2 test in the future this is going to cost a fortune

This is why the pannic basicly the doors are shutting and the governing bodies are out for there pound of flesh

Hi i I'm still confused
i have 2330 L2 + L3 and 2392 been in the trade for about seven years i now just about to try self employed but i now have to get my nvq l3 before i can?

2330 L2 L3 goes in hand with the NVQ3 2356 the way I read it.

This is taken from the JIB site:

CRAFT CARD ELECTRICIAN
City & Guilds 2360 Parts One & Two or 2351 or 2330 Levels Two & Three, plus NVQ Level 3 in your
appropriate Electrical Discipline plus bona fide references from your employers.

Reply to Big news for the industry in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock