Discuss Big news for the industry in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

ricardo123

Just heard the news, from the 1st July 2011 only NVQ Level 3 holders will be allowed to register as a qualified supervisor. Looks like the end of the 4-6 week trained electrician. Thoughts anyone!?

Guess there will be a rush of people getting on a 4 week course before the deadline!!!

Secondly I wonder how this will effect Part P registered individuals when they come to renew their membership and they don't have an NVQ Level 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
i remember Jason posting something a few weeks ago. i seem to remember it was for non scheme members coming in. so no nvq no scheme membership. guess it may apply to the qs`s now as well then

sorry guys just so i understand this correctly i have spent the last 2 1/2 years getting 2330 2,3 17th and 2392 and i will not be aloud to register part p.
and ill have to pay for anouther course.

if so how can they expect people to pay for this on top of the climate and aditional fees that need to be paid anyway if they cant work.

At last it seems like the industry body is going to be working against the six week spark,the next step will be having the NVQ Level3 to get a Part P
This is only them taking a start on sorting out the mess they made when they and the last Goverment brought in Domestic Installers as a way off dumbing down the trade and costs

a load of papp..........................they will not be able to police the fact that if u do not have an nvq then u cant register and trade. NVQ is not compulsery if u want to be self employed!
Im sure if u have C&G 2330, 17th and 2392 simpson92 then u wont have to worry just yet! Im sure it all depends on who u work for, what u do etc!
Im certainly not worried, i mean im sure des 56 and oldtmer don't have nvq and some of the other older guys on here who are old school time served sparks...( no offence to u old guys)....but u see what i mean though!

a load of papp..........................they will not be able to police the fact that if u do not have an nvq then u cant register and trade. NVQ is not compulsery if u want to be self employed!
Im sure if u have C&G 2330, 17th and 2392 simpson92 then u wont have to worry just yet! Im sure it all depends on who u work for, what u do etc!
Im certainly not worried, i mean im sure des 56 and oldtmer don't have nvq and some of the other older guys on here who are old school time served sparks...( no offence to u old guys)....but u see what i mean though!

the will be able to police it...its the same as if some schemes require the 2391 if you dont have the certificates your not coming in so to speak! the one thing the nvq does is prove you have had some contact with the tools and you are required to have atleast 3 site visits from our trainer...but what i dont understand is the nvq is a mixture of the l2-l3 tech certificates a portfolio and your am2 so does that mean lads will have to go back to school! i know the 2330 is going and a new course coming in but according to our college that course is a combined tech cert and you cant just do the nvq plus the new course is 75% onsite assessment so that really will mean the end of the quick training route perhaps

Secondly I wonder how this will effect Part P registered individuals when they come to renew their membership and they don't have an NVQ Level 3.

Doubt it will! All new applications for qualifying supervisors

Its being done to help stimulate growth of the economy, not to help the qualified Electrician.

Doubt it will! All new applications for qualifying supervisors

Its being done to help stimulate growth of the economy, not to help the qualified Electrician.
Thank you... Although I'm in favour of anything that improves standards within the trade and gets rid of the five dayers, I do feel that this is yet another money-spinner.
Admittedly, at least someone looks to be doing something though - but it seems to be just putting a sticking plaster over an amputation!!! The whole system needs to be looked at from top to bottom. From grading (and a definative list of what your grade can and cannot do) though to the complete overall of the college learning system (Lets get away from the mass sausage factory process that courses have become). Why can't the authorities establish a yearly questionaire, where they ask for the views of Registered electrical firms (of all sizes), as to what way that they think that the trade is going?... What needs to be improved?... etc etc etc.

Reply to Big news for the industry in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net