Search the forum,

Discuss Books for somebody interested in domestic electrics? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

db15v07

Hi all, i'm interested in learning about domestic electrics, perhaps with the aim of making a career as a domestic installer a few years down the line. Which book(s) would you recommend for a bit of light and informative reading? I have thought about the Basic Electrical Installation Work book by Trevor Linsley - would this be a good starting point?

Thanks very much!

The Linsley books are aimed at college students doing the 2330.
They are a good read and touch on things like three phase motors, power factors and the rest of the stuff you learn on an apprenticeship.. If you are just intending on becoming a domestic installer then they may be too in depth.. although still a very good read for any spark.

I believe there is a Part P Doctor book... I was told this is a good read and it tells you the basics... I haven't read it... I don't do much Part P / Domestic Stuff.

You could always have a look in your local library, our local library is pretty small but still has various electrical books, any the don't carry they can always order in.

Well I have the book by trevor linsley and I find it a very good book. If you are going to do the 2330 level 2 course then I think you will find the theory side of it easy. You can look on the internet but you can't be sure that the information that you are learning is correct.

since i started training, ive bought trevor lisley(green book), on site guide, part p doctor and chris kitchers inspection and testing and waiting for the new version of bs7671 and im buying no more

Reply to Books for somebody interested in domestic electrics? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back