Currently reading:
Could be getting sacked, got pictures, please advise

Discuss Could be getting sacked, got pictures, please advise in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davrejonas

Got called into to work today for a meeting, this was a first fix on a kitchen, had to do 2 that day and didnt get in the first till gone 11.30 so was rushing like mad, manager came in took some pictures and has gave us the following list, we had previously been told not to have more than one row of capping as outside zones so cables were bunched up, we were going like 100 miles an hour

pictures should be viewable at ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
pic 1 fixing screw directly through capping causing burrs, any pressure put on wall on wall like tiles could result in breakdown of insulation and cables shorting out
cables ran with no protection against plastering trowel
evidence of sheathing being hammered to get into flat position pressure faults could happen
10mm earth cable stretched between box potential break down of continuity
pic 2 screw through capping i pre drilled this the opposite side to avoid sharps, you can see on pic
pic 3 wiring not protected
wiring crossed over causing potential pressure fault
cable held in position by screw,,,,,this was a wedge, i know its not great but not tight against cable
pic 4 screw through capping, no capping to protect cables crossed over,,, cable held in position by screw,,,,,,,this was a capping wedge then capping cut short
pic 5 cable no protection, chases very untidy.....

would like to know your thoughts, really wanna have a good argument for them tomorrow as got kids and cant afford to be dismissed, i know the screw wedge is bad but i think the rest are kinda just being picky

Reply to Could be getting sacked, got pictures, please advise in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back